Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Going to Florida for treatment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
army dude
As many of you know I was hit by several roadside bombs during both of my tours in Iraq and have been at Ft Bragg in NC for initial treatment. Well, the Army is sending me home to Sarasota Florida to begin 6 monts of treatment at Bay Pines VA Hospital with hopes of getting me back to my "normal" self.
I just thought I would let ya'll know since I get a lot of email asking me how I am. So, I can't wait to go to a breakfast and show off the new 930 tranny and frame work.

Just droppin a line and will let ya know more in the future. Take care!!

Ian
scotty b
Best of luck, and thank you very much ! aktion035.gif
messix
it's good to have you back home and safe. thank you for serving on our behalf.

i hope your injuries or condition recovers quickly and fully.

i know from some guys that i work with that have been there and back that you come back quite "different" and it can be very hard to re-civillianize your self.

hang in there and keep social with us.
mack914-6
Thanks for everything. Good luck with you rehab. pray.gif
cooltimes
I post a lot and usually don't say anything meaningful but in this post I do.

THANKS.

salute.

Mike Cooley (Cooltimes)
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(messix @ Dec 2 2007, 05:28 PM) *

it's good to have you back home and safe. thank you for serving on our behalf.

i hope your injuries or condition recovers quickly and fully.

i know from some guys that i work with that have been there and back that you come back quite "different" and it can be very hard to re-civillianize your self.

hang in there and keep social with us.

I can echo these same sentiments "Dude". And understand. You'll be OK so long as you keep contact with people who care - like us!

Good luck! And, most importantly - THANK YOU!
Pat
neo914-6
I just watched "Home of the Brave", hope it's not as bad for you as portrayed. Thanks for your service! flag.gif

Great to hear of progress on your ride, I need to get off my... rolleyes.gif
michaelt55
as a retired military with some combat experience, I thank you for your service and wish you nothing but fair winds and following seas....

Michael
KaptKaos
Thank you very much for your service and sacrifice.
jim912928
You are one of the world's heroes! Thanks for protecting one of the most precious rights....freedom! Hope your rehab goes well!
Eric_Shea
Thanks Ian! smilie_pokal.gif
d914
thanks for everything. Lets us know if we can do anything for you..
Dave_Darling
Here's wishing for a quick recovery!

--DD

(Oh, and thanks for being willing to put your ass in harm's way for the rest of us!)
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(michaelt55 @ Dec 2 2007, 03:31 PM) *

as a retired military with some combat experience, I thank you for your service and wish you nothing but fair winds and following seas....

Michael

Spoken like a true "Squid" beerchug.gif I hear ya Buddy & proclaim the same flag.gif

.....b
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

This seems very inadequate, BUT THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.

Dave slap.gif
roadster fan
Ian,

Thank you for your service on our behalf. Hoping you a speedy recovery!

flag.gif

Jim
Ferg
Thanks for your service! Heal quickly.
Ferg
Gary
Thanks for being a Soldier. It's good to have you back in this hemisphere. I'll be interested in hearing about your VA experience. I hear they do very good work for the resources they have.
Lou W
Thanks for your service and wish you godspeed on your recovery. flag.gif
So.Cal.914
A speedy recovery and cute nurses to ya. Attitude has a lot to do with how well a

person will get, with your attitude you should be surfing in no time. God Bless and

Thanks. smile.gif
MrKona
With absolute respect and sincerity - THANK YOU.
rfuerst911sc
Thank you for your service and good luck with the recovery. You are a hero.
IanStott
Good luck with your recovery, I am sure you will do well as you have the attitude required. Keep posting here, it helps to have a worthwhile diversion. If you decide to travel, Canada is a nice option and if you come to my area the first beer is on me and I know where the best lobsters are!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Retired Air Force
carr914
Glad your coming home Ian. Hope to meet you soon. God Bless and God Speed in your recovery.

all the best, T.C.
krazykonrad
Thank you for everything you have done for all of us! Here's to a speedy recovery beerchug.gif
Konrad
jimkelly
thanks for keeping us posted - wishing you a speedy recovery - jim in DE
wbergtho
Hi Ian,

I'm proud of what you! Thanks for your dedication and service in Army. I speak for all of us here that we are damn glad to have you back. Like a previous post said...keep social with us. We all enjoy hearing from you! Also, if you need any help on your V-8 build up, I may be of some help...so let me/us know. biggrin.gif
McMark
Get well soon! Keep us posted. thumb3d.gif
Joe Owensby
Best wishes for a good life from here on. I hope you get well and all goes well with you. Thanks, Joe
Rand
Thanks for the report Ian! Here's a big thanks and best wishes. beerchug.gif

Be sure to keep us posted on how YOU are doing. And, your car projects too of course.

JRust
Ian thanks so much for your service! I hope your recovery goes well & your back to your old self. We all really appreciatte all you did for us biggrin.gif You are in my prayers as are all who serve flag.gif
URY914
Let us know when you get down here and the Tampa Bay guys will plan a get together with you. Look forward to meeting you.

Paul
TINCAN914
Ian Thank You for your service!!! flag.gif
All the best in a speedy recovery. beerchug.gif
TJB/914
Get well soon & best wishes.

God Bless you for your service to our country.

Tom
Krieger
My Family and I thank you for your service to our country. We need more people like you. Enjoy the holidays and your life to their fullest.
respectfully
Andy
army dude
Thanx ya'll!!
I didn't expect all this but thanx to all the awesome members at the best 914 group, period! Ya'll rule!! aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif

I will be starting my journey on Friday the 14th with 914 in tow going down 95 to I-4 to 75 and south to Sarasota. It is a 10+ hour drive, anybody wanna have lunch?

I hope ya'll give props to all the other veterans and military we have here, I am just a spoke in the wheel of our country, a bent spoke none the less. Thanks to all from me to ya'll!!

Again, THANK YOU!!

Ian
jbyron
God bless you, and thank you for your service to our country.
BiG bOgGs
QUOTE(URY914 @ Dec 4 2007, 04:32 AM) *

Let us know when you get down here and the Tampa Bay guys will plan a get together with you. Look forward to meeting you.

Paul

Ditto!

What do ya say to a Sat/15 or Sun/16 brunch at a Cracker Barrel near his rehab?

Jim

Oh ya.. THANKS for your service!

drunk.gif

hwgunner
THANKS
Tom
IAN,
Thanks for your service and hope you recover fully to enjoy the future ahead of you. Keep us updayed on your progress and your project also.
Thanks to all of our military personnel who go in harms way to support the policies of our country. Their dedication is what keeps us free.
Tom
hcdmueller
Good luck man. Have a safe trip and I hope everything works out.

Chris
root
Thanks so much for your service .... good luck and keep us informed with your progress..... flag.gif
rick 918-S
Thank you for your service. flag.gif
carr914
Just drove by Ft Bragg on the way back to Tampa with a new play car. Thinking and praying for you Brother.

T.C.
watsonrx13
Ian, looking forward to finally meeting you....

Take care on the drive down and let us know when you're settled in...

-- Rob
BiG bOgGs
icon_bump.gif

Hows the rehab going?

Any word on a meet up?

Jim
TINCAN914
bye1.gif
How's things goin Ian?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.