O.K. HERES THE SCOOP... i was reading some 914 material on a u.k. 914 forum
http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17358
and came across a post that interested me on a lightwheight 5 peice side and rear window (or as they say "side lights"). many of us 914r's are a/x and i think these would have great value. i have been in communications with him and could get min. (6) 5 peice sets to me for apx. $550 ea (all depends on the L to $ conversion - right now it sucks!, but has been getting a bit better). i would be making apx. 10% to handle the details. i dont know if there is enough interest, but i would be willing to put together names and be the go between with him and the club. i havent had any dealings with him in the past but seems to be ok. if the interest is there? it seems the price could be reduced with more orders?

just gaugeing, let me know your thoughts...

below is the post:

Click to view attachment

914 complete glazing set natural green glass tint Perspex (rear screen + full door glass - 5 pieces/set - saves 7.3kg high up in the car)- cut and thermo-moulded to match original glass shapes exactly with proper bevelled edges and can be used with original window winders. Main door windows fit lever style '73-'76 winders. Rear screen and front 1/4 lights are the same on all 914 model years. (Will make pre'73 main door glass if you lend me your original glass to pattern from) - £275 for full 5 piece set or individual window supply on request. One of the best weight savings for your 914 where it is high in the body for that full race car GT effect.
Picture shows full set with protective film on the Perspex.