Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to take out blower?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turtleturtle
Have a question, can you take out the blower without having to drop the engine? I need to see if the flang is messed up do to my crank shaft pully coming loose. I have not been able to take a look at it.
type47
don't forget to tell us the year and engine size of your car.

sounds like you have an early 1.7 car, if so, the heater blower fan is mounted on the top of the engine fan housing by some bolts. should be able to unbolt...
turtleturtle
QUOTE(type47 @ Dec 3 2007, 01:19 PM) *

don't forget to tell us the year and engine size of your car.

sounds like you have an early 1.7 car, if so, the heater blower fan is mounted on the top of the engine fan housing by some bolts. should be able to unbolt...

Sorry about that, I have a 72 with the 2.0
TheCabinetmaker
I think he's talking about the impeller fan, not heater fan.

Turtle, you can see the fins thru the timing hole, or use a mirror to see the front of the fan.
turtleturtle
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Dec 3 2007, 03:07 PM) *

I think he's talking about the impeller fan, not heater fan.

Turtle, you can see the fins thru the timing hole, or use a mirror to see the front of the fan.

Yeah, but can you take out the impeller fan on a 2.0 without dropping the engine??
Cap'n Krusty
Yes. You need to remove the front tin (2 pieces). Comes out the bottom. From there, it's a piece o'cake.

The Cap'n
turtleturtle
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 6 2007, 02:52 PM) *

Yes. You need to remove the front tin (2 pieces). Comes out the bottom. From there, it's a piece o'cake.

The Cap'n

Thanks!!
turtleturtle
I took out the blower and figured it out, thanks to all that helped out. The bolt that holds the blower to the crank shaft came loose somehow. The key is missing also, so on to fixing it tomorrow when I get my new key. smile.gif

Oh, and you don't need to take off any of the fan shoud to get the blower off, at least I didn't. I just took off the fan guard, the fan center bolt, and the belt and it was off.
TheCabinetmaker
smilie_pokal.gif
SteveL
C'MON -

Somebody who still has the picture, post a reply referring to the "Leaf Blower"
turtleturtle
Got it all back together and it is running great!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.