Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what to do
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
woobn8r
This box just came from Getty Designs with my CF lids....
So, here's the deal...

It's pretty cold here and my garage isn't heated...
My 914 is in dis-assembly stage and I will not be using these for a while
The BOSS doesn't know I ordered these....(it's a forgiveness/permission thing)

confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif idea.gif
type47
where is the voting option: "take pix and post them on 914world.com"?

my vote is "just give her the house and Kids" biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
Remember, if they live somewhere for 3 months without being noticed, you have had them forever.

Zach
jasons
I would open them to make sure they are intact at least. I would hate to find out they were damaged 4 months after I received them.

On the same note, I F'd up this weekend and told my W- I could make a lot of money on some Porsche stuff I bought cheap. Armed with that knowledge, she reminded me of a couple unexpected bills we got this month. And, how that money could go a long way to help out. headbang.gif Now I'm putting the stuff on ice to keep her out of it. As far as I'm concerned, the Porsche stuff is my hobby and whatever money it generates, serves the hobby. For me, horse-trading and scoring deals are as much a part of the hobby as working on and driving the car.

If times were dire, nothing would be off limits. But they aren't, so "No soup for you!"
KaptKaos
QUOTE(jasons @ Dec 3 2007, 11:34 AM) *

For me, horse-trading and scoring deals are as much a part of the hobby as working on and driving the car.

Well said. I like that. smilie_pokal.gif
mike_the_man
Can we add an option along the lines of:

Sell them to me for half of what you paid for them, and consider it as a favor from me for keeping your marriage intact! biggrin.gif

Since that doesn't seem to be an option, I'd say unpack them secretly and hide them. But this could be one of the reasons that I'm single. rolleyes.gif

P.S. I'm jealous.
TeenerTim
Husbands and wives should have no secrets between each other...

(unless it involves Porsche parts)
PeeGreen 914
Open them just to make sure everything is fine, and then store them for awhile. Then it will be a " Oh, I completely forgot about these." kind of thing biggrin.gif
ruddyboys
This is a little late to worry about it now, you should have thought about the consequences before placing the order. With that said, tell her about it, if you have a good and equal marriage she should understand, and next time you want to spend that kind of money maybe talk to her about why you want or need it.
messix
MEOW whip[1].gif
904svo
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Dec 3 2007, 12:08 PM) *

Open them just to make sure everything is fine, and then store them for awhile. Then it will be a " Oh, I completely forgot about these." kind of thing biggrin.gif

agree.gif

PS

When the last time she bought a big ticket item and din't tell you.
Rand
QUOTE(messix @ Dec 3 2007, 12:59 PM) *

MEOW whip[1].gif

LMAO!

Yeah, I got my own problems with the other half. But dammit, if *THOSE* showed up, I would be ripping in with no regrets. She'll get over it. And if she doesn't, you'll get over her! LOL.

If you two have a great relationship, you've got nothing to worry about. On the other hand, if THIS causes you to shake in your boots, then make your exit plan NOW!!!

LOL. Just kidding. I think. Or am I?

GO WOOB GO!!! beerchug.gif
neo914-6
yeah pawn off your decision on "the board", that'll diffuse the situation, LOL laugh.gif

fess up at an opportune time, like after you've given her something of greater value...
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

O.K. here is the plan!!!! Hid them untill after Christmas, i.e, mid January.

Then with loads of excitement bring them out and tell the wife this,

" This crazy old guy on 914 World, Barber Dave< knew i was rebuilding the

914 and sent them as a supprise present". I really think he would be hurt if

I returned them". What do you honey think I should do.

Now if you sell this right , have here send me a E-Mail thanking me. I will ans.

with a appropriate ans.I.E.( i do things like this because i am CRAZY.

Hey it just mite work. Good Luck Dave slap.gif
iamchappy
When I bought my 914 six years ago I didn't tell her, we haven't had sex since. bye1.gif
craig downs
QUOTE(messix @ Dec 3 2007, 12:59 PM) *

MEOW whip[1].gif

Just what I was thinking as I was scrolling down
Pat Garvey
If I had to account for every major or niggling part I've picked up for Porsches...I probably wouldn't have 25% of them.

If you simply stockpile the parts until you need them, no one's the wiser. If she says "where did you get that", just reply "I don't know, picked it up somewhere aong the ling - it was cheap".

Should you make the mistake of screaming that you just got some megapart, it'll cost you diamonds or gold.

Just shut up & let the parts assimilate.

Pat
jd74914
agree.gif The problem is when you bring home more cars . . . its too hard to hide them.
Challe
I don't know how much your wife knows about carbon fibre (and the cost of parts in CF) but when you assembly the car you could say something like "this lids is a real pain in the ass to repare when they rust (and of course its just a matter of time before they do) so I bought this cheap plastic lids to save money so I can buy other "necessary" parts" happy11.gif

effutuo101
blink.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif popcorn[1].gif

(gruff voice)I bought em. I paid for em. no you can't have em, no I am not selling em, and uh, (pleading voice) by the way, here is a really nice new oven/ring/dirty weekend/dinner/ or watch a touchy feely (my wife calls them girley) movie with ya....or....
TJB/914
This is going to be an interesting post. popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

Tom
BTW: It's amazing how much we boys are all alike. Now we know why George @ AA has so many parts & 914's "He's single".
dflesburg
Its okay, after a while you get used to not ever having sex, then you can buy all the car parts you want...
woobn8r
Wow...quite a range of replies...
The situation is true....but not serious. My better half doesn't really care what I do with my hobbies.....

On our first date we picked a car up from the body shop...
Since we've been together I have raced for fifteen years and was also a Crew Chief for a Firehawk Endurance Team or three....

18 years of marraige 6 Porsches, a dozen race cars, and too many other cars to count have come and gone but, She is still with me....My wife must have known what she was getting when she took me.

So...I unpackaged the lids and mocked them up on the car. Since they were going to be painted they are primed (by getty)on top and opaque underneath. I'm okay with that as it was no surprise.

To be honest, I'm not thrilled with these. Yes, they are light! The rear fits "okay" but, has a gouge in the middle...not to worry easily repaired....but the front hood... Yeeeeeucccch.

The edges are all rough (and not straight), there is an open bubble void in the gel, the fit is horrible with about 3/4" total gap to account for and i'm concerned that the curvature is incorrect and might not line up with the light covers and bumper top....but I'll have to wait a while to be at that stage.

I know it was (relatively) cheap, but I hope it was not a prototype sitting around the shop. At the moment I'm not sure just how I'll fix it.
ruddyboys
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
John
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Dec 3 2007, 03:27 PM) *

fess up at an opportune time, like after you've given her something of greater value...

I couldn't agree more. You better buy her something really good.

I get busted every time I buy something. (She gets the statements on-line) The only way I can hide purchases is to use Paypal money that was sent to me for selling other Porsche parts. (She can't log into my account yet.)
iamchappy
I bought my wife a Lexus, sorry didnt work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.