Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recommend to me a Car Cover!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
i can't get through another rainy winter here w/ my cheesy $20 car cover from target. came back from europe and it was a mess underneath. either water had gotten into the interior or mass condensation had developed headbang.gif -- the carpets were quite wet, leaving a bunch of water on my rust-free floor boards (which i'd like to keep that way). so, i pulled the carpets, washed them, dried them, and resolved to invest in a real cover.

so, what do you guys/gals have? i only need protection from rain; no snow in norcal.

nathan
boxstr
www.garage.com laugh.gif Try http://www.calcarcover.com
You get what you pay for they have some of the best and they are custom made for your car.
CCLINCARCOVER
boxstr
Sorry http://www.calcarcover.com
JeffBowlsby
Nathan, get a tight fitting car cover...brand of your choice. Cover the car bow to stern with sheet plastic, install the cover over the plastic and get 4 spring clamps for windy times. My cars have stayed dry for years this way...

I use the Cal Car Cover exclusively...great covers. Get the best quality you can afford. The highest cost ones are usually the cheapest and best in the long run.
nebreitling
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jan 2 2004, 10:19 PM)
www.garage.com laugh.gif

finger.gif

ha! thanks for the link and the reccs clap56.gif
boxstr
I went to www.craigslist.org and checked in the SF bay area for garage/storage. You might do the same and see if there is anything there, just a thought.
CCLINGARAGESPACE
watsonrx13
Walmart $20.00, set of bungee cords, $5.00. See covered car in background.
Rouser
If you just only need a cockpit cover (that I know for a FACT will support a pool of water when used with the top removed), get yourself a Car Umbrella from:
    Perry Kiehl
    TheKiehls@Direcway.com
    (800) 867-4712
tod914
Beautiful teener there. marathon blue??
Rouser
No idea the color ... I believe it's Perry's car; don't know for sure.

Would kill to have a finish like that, though ...
Mountain914
Not sure what you're looking for specifically - but you can check out AutoAnything Car Covers
rhodyguy
if the cover you had on it was in place it's prob condensation. the is a product called dry-z-air, get it at your flaps, boat store. it pulls the moisture out out the air(magic?) and it collects in a basin. you have to empty it. when one of the p cars are outside under a tarp i put one in the interior.

kevin
nebreitling
i was thinking it was primarily condenstation myself. there were water drops on the top of the targa!

dry-z-air. i'll look for it, thanks

n
rhodyguy
if there were just drops they prob come off the bottom side of the tarp/cover.

kevin
anthony
Another vote for the California Car Cover Co. You want the cover made of "Superweave" for outdoors. It's pricey - about $250 for a 914 cover but your car will be bone dry underneath and you also get a 4 year warranty. Don't be tempted by cheaper fabrics like Noah. The car will be wet after the fabric fully saturates. The other nice thing is the cover is custom and fits like a glove. It doesn't fly off in windy conditions. You can also get it made with one side mirror or two.
yamahito
Anyone have experience with coverking recommended on PelicanParts website?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.