Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW members
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
So.Cal.914
Hope you are all safe, saw on the news alot of areas are under water.

Someone needs to build you all a kit like this:

Click to view attachment
familienauto
Looks like the James Bond Lotus Esprit submarine. smile.gif

914 is staying in the garage until the weather gets drier.

Zach
PeeGreen 914
Yeah, the floods were nasty, but I think most of us are fine.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Dec 5 2007, 12:35 PM) *

Yeah, the floods were nasty, but I think most of us are fine.

Glad to hear it...

Looks like the James Bond Lotus Esprit submarine.

914 is staying in the garage until the weather gets drier.

Zach

Yup, it does because it is, or at least that is the pic I started with.

You Guys stay safe.

Click to view attachment
morph
Left to go to my uncles funeral Monday and wasn't sure if we could make it there. It took us 2 hours to go 25 miles becaue a few of our routes were flooded out. James drove through some pretty high water and we made it through okay. I took the camera and snapped some pics. When we got home the power was out and the neighboring town had been evacuated.

HIEDI...the other half
morph
Another
morph
more
morph
more
morph
more
effutuo101
Garage got a little wet, but nothing like the pictures. I think if I drove real fast, I could hydroplane over the smaller stuff.
sww914
Oil and water don't mix, so you gotta grease your tires to drive through puddles like that. Also, it's a good idea to hit them at top speed, you'll skip right across them. THAT'S why there's air in them tires. If you weren't supposed to hydroplane your tires would be filled with concrete.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
I don't think I will be asking you for any advice for a while biggrin.gif
Tom
I made out OK. Just a little wet in the yard. I live on a nicey sloped 2.5 acres and have some wet areas, but the house is well protected and the teener is in the dry garage. Have to feel for all of the unfortunate people who got damage or worse from the storm.
OH , and I don't drive through standing water unless I know how deep it is! Then slowly.
Tom
LS6/914
Well, the shop in Port Townsend stayed dry. My daughters teener in Pt Orchard became a bathtub as well as my tub. Monday I closed the shop in Pt Townsend at 1400 hrs. It took me 3 hrs to travel 25 miles, My (wife?) called to say access to Pt Orchard from the north is closed. I turned around and headed back only to find the Hood Canal bridge closed. It was a long day, however there was a case of Fat Tire at the shop. I have lived in the NorthWest much of my life and have never seen I-5 closed at Centralia for this amount of time. I hope the rest of the NW group is recovering well. Larry
boxstr
Not a good time for all as can be seen in the pics., here and on TV.
I feel very fortunate that I did not have the damage others had.
CCL
Todd Enlund
I live on top of a 500 foot hill... that means that the end of every bike ride is uphill, but it also means that I'm not going to flood.
Lou W
We've been lucky so far here in Roseburg, I heard that west of us didn't do as well.
Gary
Not bad here in the greater Tacoma area. Had a fender-bender in the rain a few days back - more due to rush hour traffic than the weather. Pinged Craig about getting a hood and bumper. Don't think I'll make it down this weekend though...
rhodyguy
I-5 is open to truck traffic only at this point. the way to pland is thru yakima. only a 450 mile + detour. each way!! the chehalis/centralia basin is well known for flooding issues. we live at 400ft or so. it's all downhill from our place.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 7 2007, 07:30 AM) *

I-5 is open to truck traffic only at this point. the way to pland is thru yakima. only a 450 mile + detour. each way!! the chehalis/centralia basin is well known for flooding issues. we live at 400ft or so. it's all downhill from our place.

That's the official WSDOT detour. You could also take 7 down from Spanaway and then 12 back to I-5, unless you are in a truck.
rhodyguy
i think that "secret" detour is pretty well clogged. from 512 to morton on 7 is a pain even with no problems these days. eatonville, morton, etc, are bedroom communitites for the commuters driving to tacoma and points north. the wsp and local authoritites will be writing lots-o-tickets for the impatient drivers on hwy 12. speed traps a plenty.
boxstr
I5 open to large trucks only, will close down completely today for 2-3 hours for final cleanup and then open to all traffic this afternoon. As per Channel 12 KPTV.
CCL
dinomium
Chico creek bridge is out here as well as some of my fave twisties... could be down for six months!
Sounds like me and a wiring issue!
rhodyguy
can't say we washingtonians aren't sharing people. the mess in the midwest is the remants of the of the storm that blew through here last week.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.