Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater blower hose in engine compartment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hammy
I have all the hoses I need for my heating system to be complete...... Except for the blower hose that goes from the heater blower to the J-tubes.

Is there anything I can find at my FLAPS that'll work? I've tried a shop vac. hose but it's too small. confused24.gif
SGB
Maybe an old style vw shop...
iamchappy
Carburator heat hose at your local Flaps.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Hammy @ Dec 5 2007, 08:21 PM) *

I have all the hoses I need for my heating system to be complete...... Except for the blower hose that goes from the heater blower to the J-tubes.

Is there anything I can find at my FLAPS that'll work? I've tried a shop vac. hose but it's too small. confused24.gif

I'd go to Uncle George at AA - he definitely has them & they are correct.
Pat
Hammy
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Dec 5 2007, 05:42 PM) *

Carburator heat hose at your local Flaps.

I actually just bought two of those carb preheat hoses today... I'm using them for the flapper to body hose connection. I didn't think they'd be long/flexible enough for the blower though.
Wilhelm
QUOTE(Hammy @ Dec 5 2007, 05:21 PM) *

I actually used shop vac hose when I was in a pinch; in fact it is still on the car working fine. What I did was place a muffler pipe expander in the tube and expand the hose with a little persuasion from a propane torch to soften the plastic and allow to achieve a new set.
914Sixer
They are still available from Porsche.
Bartlett 914
I found something that works from McMaster Carr. They carry lots of hose. I could find a number for what I used if you want. It was a little stiff but worked fine.
dflesburg
california import parts - vw place with web site,
Hammy
I ended up finding some stuff at my local VW shop... Heater tubing stuff for a bug I think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.