Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show me Your Shift Knobs!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yenningComity
I just got a good deal on a used Nardi Steering Wheel and have a little christmas funds left over *I order my own presents*. I am looking for a nice wooden shift knob but cannot find one. If it weren't for the wrong pattern I have seen a few 356 4 speed knobs that are quite cool.
McMark
I don't know if he's still making them but I like this knob.

Oh and beerchug.gif cheers for not choosing "Show me your knob!" as the topic title. wink.gif
yenningComity
I saw those, once I get the wheel in I might have to see if he will make it in the same wood, if he still does make them that is.
purple
That knob reminds me of a certain breakfast cereal. STRAIGHT FROM THE HONEYCOMB BABY!
Eric_Shea
Bob at Mainely Custom has some nice ones:

http://www.mainelycustombydesign.com/accessories_misc.html

Click to view attachment
degreeoff
Picture of my shift knob wouldnt be appropriate here but I have been told by numerous ladies that when I put it in high gear they just LOVE it! sheeplove.gif

Sorry couldnt help it!!
PRS914-6
I just bought a black Subaru leather knob. It has the correct shift pattern embossed in it for a 915, it's not too fancy and has a MUCH nicer feel to it than the stock round one since it fits ergonomically correct in the palm of your hand.

I powder-coated the Rennshift shaft black and it all looks like it belongs there now with no hint of something different than stock....and I am anal about such things blink.gif

For a 901 you could get the automatic knob that has no embossing on it.
jasons
I've got one of the 917 knobs from that guy posted above. I don't think he makes them anymore. Its really nice, and it was packaged in a really nice box. I think his little side biz was called "Crosscut Joinery"

Click to view attachment
angerosa
This is the one I have. It's pretty plain jane but I like it. I had a wooden one but when it was humid, my hand would slip off. This one is leather with cushioning underneath and feels comfortable to grip unlike some of these other ones which just look cool. It's functional. Hence the name "Momo Anatomic".

IPB Image
boxstr
Gennie makes a lot of different knobs, not exactly the type you may be looking for, but why not be different.
http://www.gennieshifter.com/
yenningComity
Eh, I want to make my teener look a bit more upscale. It won't have heat when I am through with it, but at least it'll look pretty.

I may see if Mainely Customs will put a Dog Leg insert in their knob instead of the Porsche Crest. When my car was running I let my friends drive it from time to time and found it easier to explain the oddity with the knob decal.
dlo914
QUOTE(angerosa @ Dec 6 2007, 09:15 AM) *

This is the one I have. It's pretty plain jane but I like it. I had a wooden one but when it was humid, my hand would slip off. This one is leather with cushioning underneath and feels comfortable to grip unlike some of these other ones which just look cool. It's functional. Hence the name "Momo Anatomic".

IPB Image

i also had the same one in my old 914. (Momo Short Anatomic) The ergonomic feel felt so great that i had to take it out of the 914 before it was sold. And now it's in my 89' Corolla GTS. Got it used in great condition off of ebay for $32 a few years back.
PRS914-6
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Dec 6 2007, 08:28 PM) *

IPB Image

i also had the same one in my old 914. (Momo Short Anatomic) The ergonomic feel felt so great that i had to take it out of the 914 before it was sold. And now it's in my 89' Corolla GTS. Got it used in great condition off of ebay for $32 a few years back.

This is almost identical to the Subaru knob except the shift pattern is embossed and it has a little more taper on the top to fit in your palm
stephenaki
QUOTE(boxstr @ Dec 6 2007, 09:56 AM) *

Gennie makes a lot of different knobs, not exactly the type you may be looking for, but why not be different.
http://www.gennieshifter.com/

I liked the Atomic shifter in black! biggrin.gif

Bookmarked that page and will definately be coming back to that one.
TC.356
The wooden shift knob from a BMW 2002 mimics the shape of the stock plastic 914 knob/ Swap the BWM crest for a Porsche and done. Looks pretty much factory.
Jenny

IPB Image

Yep, I'v got the same Momo. I luvs me my momo, have had it for about 6 years, and it came to me used in my orange car. The leather's all worn in and you cant even see the pebble grain or shift pattern anymore, but it feels oh-so-good in my palm.

-Jen
nein14
QUOTE(jasons @ Dec 6 2007, 08:25 AM) *

I've got one of the 917 knobs from that guy posted above. I don't think he makes them anymore. Its really nice, and it was packaged in a really nice box. I think his little side biz was called "Crosscut Joinery"

Click to view attachment

Here is the deal on the knob, sent an email to the guy that makes sell them and selling here.

Mark told me he still makes the however they are only sold EXCLUSIVELY thru TRE Motorsports.

They now cost $75.00 ea, which is more than double what they were here which was $35.00.

Asked if I could still buy one direct the answer was NO. sad.gif
dflesburg
WOW, did you call him a butthead? I would have.

Bruce Allert
I made this one. It's not wood but...

..........b

nein14
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Dec 9 2007, 05:50 PM) *

WOW, did you call him a butthead? I would have.

agree.gif No,but I should have
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.