Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: very evil car....hehee
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...8&category=6019
dont u just love the firewall!!!lol. Regardless...thats one hell of a sleeper... wub.gif
cnavarro
Does that thing qualify as "mid-engine"? laugh.gif

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
Rogue
Scary ride with long hair! driving-girl.gif ohmy.gif
Aaron Cox
thats freakin awesome! 8 sec 1/4 mile? maybe....
rick 918-S
That thing is sic!
redshift
In 78, I went to the World of Wheels car show in Atlanta, and there was a VW with a front loaded 454.

huh.gif

There was also a gold plated Harley, it was 1978.. after all.

M
rick 918-S
That 454 Beetle made the rounds I remember seeing that too here at our World of Wheels show.
djm914-6
On some VW site, I saw a Ghia with a big block Olds motor. That thing looked a little more finished than this beetle. Both would be an interesting ride.
Chris H.
Hey was that World of Wheels car orange? I remember an orange big block Beetle from way back. It had widened stock rims and hubcaps so it looked very stock. It also had a huge motorized key in the rear decklid that made it look like a windup toy. The body was welded to a Nova chassis.
iiibdsiil
When I was like 11 or 12, my father and I started a project like that. We took an 86 or so Buick Regal, sawzalled everything off the chasis, then we towed it up to a buddys shop and shortened the frame. We got the Bug body on the chasis and partially mounted, and I lost interest, and so did he. He had already done one when he was like 18, so it wasn't a big deal to him.

- Brett Smith
Brad Roberts
This is pretty cool. I dont care for the BUG body.. but he has some $$ in headers...LOL

Too bad he is so far from me. Yank the drivetrain and junk the body/chassis.

DJM ?? what site did you see this Ghia ?? Are you sure it was a Ghia ??

B
Chris H.
I just ran across that Ghia myself! On The Samba. Here's the link. 455! Looks like a very nice conversion. Sale pending though.

455 Ghia
redshift
You know... I remember the Beatle, but I think this one (at least used to be) black, with multi-colored graphic.. I may be wrong.. been a long time, but a big front-loaded 454 is hard to forget.

heh

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.