Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC: Need to get some software .....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
I need to get a copy of Autoroute 2004. All the sites from England I have tried online have indicated they won't ship this title to the US. huh.gif

Any suggestions on where to put my hands on a copy of this? Retailers? Wholesalers? Guido on the corner? Haven't been able to find a US distributor. Gonna be going to England in February so need to be able to find my way around while driving.gif !!!!

Thanks and to all people of England on the board, I apologize in advance if I hit your car or narrowly miss you going the wrong way.....

EDIT: Went to amazon for France and they won't ship out of the EU.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(scottb @ Jan 3 2004, 03:57 AM)
I need to get a copy of Autoroute 2004.

what's that cost ? we have a friend visiting from Paris WEDNESDAY so if it's not too expensive i might be able to arrange something. but obviously you've gotta act quick. email me offlist if you're interested and we'll try to set something up.
skline
What software is this? Is it just maps of Europe? I have MapPoint 2004 for the US and Europe and it will give me maps of anywhere in the US or just about anywhere in Europe. If you have the address, it will find it and print you a map. It's available here from Microsoft.
campbellcj
MapPoint does work pretty well if you don't mind using a Microsoft product. I only have the North America maps (came w/ MSDN). It is much easier to just "browse around" on maps than with the web-based UI's such as Mapquest, Yahoo maps etc.
Eddie Williams
hae you tried eBay or the Amazon used section? Maybe a secondary seller won't have a problem exporting it.
fiid
What about amazon.co.uk? I order DVDs from there all the time.

I hate this shit where they will insist that stuff can't be exported and refuse to even sell it AT ALL over here. That shit ought to be illegal.

Fiid.
scottb
can't get it from any amazon venue. UK, french, deutsch, nothin'. UK won't ship to US. French, Deutsch won't ship outside of EU. go figure. finger.gif I have emailed rich (artechnica) to see if his friend will bring a copy from france. pray.gif

i checked out the us version (streets and trips) and it has 'some' europe capitals but i need a detailed map of the uk available on my laptop. i plan on being lost A LOT when over there in february. headbang.gif
Eddie Williams
right... not the new section, if you look to the right you'll see an area where you can can buy second hand from individuals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.