Full Version: Hittin the homestretch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
It under the car, ready to start lowering away
redshift
smile.gif

M
DNHunt
Damn there's a lot of Sh*t to hook up on a FI engine. Hope I can remember what goes where. The engine has been out for 2 1/2 months. Long time for us old guys to remember anything.

Dave
redshift
Yes, I agree... it's a nice day to be ME.

smile.gif

It'll be easy, you are a Porsche God.

M
seanery
Long time for us old guys to remember anything.

Like, hmm...did I drain the oil?...
DNHunt
Thank goodness I have Kevin (rhodyguy) watching over me. He swears I emptied the tranny but I still can't remember. I do remember filling it though. smilie_pokal.gif

Dave
rhodyguy
dave, go off line for a minute or two. call me. off now.

kevin
redshift
laugh.gif are you sure?

You could be obsessing around the car, instead of messing around here... HURRY!

M
DNHunt
Kevin's trick for protecting the fuel rails and wiring.
DNHunt
Got to get the ass end down there. Myself working instead of taking pictures.

Dave
DNHunt
Engine in. Took about 1hr. Still lots to hook up

Dave
3d914
Dave,

Its lookin good. Looks like you did a class-act on the engine bay. beerchug.gif

You do need to get yourself an ATV lift or something similar - makes removing/installing the engine a snap compared to raising/lowering the rear end.

Don't forget you still need to program your Megasquirt processor! (Just in case you forgot). laugh.gif

Enjoy!
DNHunt
Gerard

Actually I'll just run one of the other chips. It won't have all the bells and whistles but the basic fueling will work. I'll get it programmed one of these days.

Dave
ThinAir
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Jan 3 2004, 02:27 PM)
Kevin's trick for protecting the fuel rails and wiring.

I'll have to remember that for next time. Mike and I put an engine back in on Christmas and got the fuel rails caught up on the frame. We had to lift the engine into the car with a floor jack. Hooking up all the little stuff took about 3 times as long as getting the engine & tranny mounted in the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.