Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 944t rotors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d914
doing a 944t caliper conversion on the front of the 14. I have carrera rotors all the way around. Would 944 turbo rotors fit on our hubs?? Never seen a picture to verify. They are thicker than the carreara and match up better to the caliper. I have carrera rears on the back.
seanery
nope.
I think I've got Carrera rotors on mine.
Let me see if I can find my receipts to verify.

I know I got 'em from Rich Johnson (A914Guy at aol dot com)
iamchappy
I have the 944T calipers on the corners of my car, and I am using the carrera 84-86, 22mm rotors. I have been shopping around for a new set, I would like to go with the cross drilled but everyone advises me that the solid rotors are still the best, Why do cross drilled come on the new Porsches if they not as good.
As far as the rotors go I'm not sure if there is anything to gain by going any thicker weight vs heat dissipation. We need the experts opinons. confused24.gif
seanery
the reason people say not to use the drilled is because they are drilled and can/will crack because of stress. The new porsches rotors aren't drilled IIRC, they are cast with the holes in them.

Get slotted and you'll be fine. Jason @ Paragon can slot rotors for ya, if you need.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.