Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's Official, I'm back with a vengence
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
carr914
1972 Tangerine, Full Nascar Cage, Chassis stiffining, 2 sets of flairs (will be be Dzus fastening them. Will be be doing Coil-over Fronts & rears, Brembos, Getty 5 Gauge dash and either a 2.7 RS spec or a 2.8 Twin-plug thru a 915. I cant stop biggrin.gif .

T.C.
carr914
another but in warmer confines

Trevorg7
confused24.gif

Didn't know you were gone?

happy11.gif

T
Root_Werks
You,,,, just like the rest of us, are a sick, sick man. biggrin.gif With any luck, you should have your 914 running sometime around the year 2025. driving.gif
J P Stein
HAY!!
Lookin' good. Someone put some time/money/planning/effort into that thing.....near as I can tell from the few pics (hint,hint).biggrin.gif

What class are you gonna build for?
SGB
If you build it up like you describe that will absolutely be a blast! driving.gif
watsonrx13
Fantastic TC, welcome back to Teener World.... aktion035.gif

Can wait to see this project finished.... Paul will finally have someone to race against... driving.gif

-- Rob
jd74914
Did you get that car off of ebay? It looks really nice; she does need a twin-plug 2.8 happy11.gif
carr914
No, I bought it from a Pelican F/S post. I had talked to the seller 6 months ago and then pulled the trigger now that transport was worked out. Rob, been asleep on the board? I drove the URY Lightweight 3 weeks ago. I saw your car at BugJam, but didn't see you or Steve.

T.C.
i love porsche
i swear i saw that car on ebay a while ago....and i think it was in NJ..where did you transport it from?
rfuerst911sc
Looking good T.C...........................welcome back.
carr914
I did pick it up in New Jersey, near Atlantic City. I don't know if the seller had it on eBay, but he had for a few years.

T.C.
carr914
My 3rd new to me car in the last 3 weeks. I must stop this madness.

T.C.

carr914
Please tell me I'm not crazy.
jd74914
i think you need a bigger garage TC. Nice P1800. Based on your signature these are your only three toys? Thats not too bad. laugh.gif
watsonrx13
TC, congrats on the new collection of cars....

Yea dude, you gotta it bad, in a good way.... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Dec 13 2007, 10:05 AM) *

i think you need a bigger garage TC.

agree.gif
carr914
Well the 1 car garage has a 4 post lift so both Porsches go in there and I built a Pole-Barn type car-port in my backyard to house the P1800. Parts storage in my kitchen, spare bedroom, etc.

T.C.
drew365
Just to tell you how sick I am, I'm more interested in the P1800. I going to do one of those some day. A sleeper with a small block.
carr914
I've turned this into my build thread.
I started to sort through my private stash of parts.
See Dan it won't take til 2025.. biggrin.gif

T.C.
carr914
Can someone tell me what model Porsche these Brembos came off?

carr914
pretty
carr914
more
carr914
Getty dash plate (the top is at the upholstry shop) and other goodies

carr914
This toolbox has only Porsche parts in it.

carr914
as do these storage crates
carr914
I will be fitting the Dzus fasteners on the flares and Hood-pins next before it goes out for paint.

1 more gratitious picture. Everyone knows a racecar deserves a number.

T.C.
dakotaewing
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 23 2007, 08:25 AM) *

Those look like 944's -
Maybe the 951's -
nein14
smile.gif
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Dec 8 2007, 09:03 PM) *

i swear i saw that car on ebay a while ago....and i think it was in NJ..where did you transport it from?

Yes it was a N.J. car it belonged to a good friend of mine, the car is completely rust Free!
He put the flares, Ginter shield, Recaro , mirrors, fiberglass lids,bumpers, & spoiler and modified the cage.
He originally bought the car from Rick Johnson.
nein14
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 13 2007, 09:14 AM) *

Please tell me I'm not crazy.

NO! your not crazy wacko.gif

I'd love to have a P1800 aktion035.gif
brant
T.C.

what you gonna do with the car
which race class?

Sleepin
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 23 2007, 07:25 AM) *

Those are off of my car, and I would like them back! Hahaha! Definetly have the sickness! Love the Volvo! Perfect SBC material!!! Whose Civic is in the BG? Looks like my old car....
carr914
Eric L. You must have really been SLEEPIN if I got your brakes and your Civic shades.gif .My Civic has a TON of miles, runs like a Champ and thanks to the Marooons at my local dealership is under bumper to bumper warranty for another year and a half.

T.C.

Click to view attachment

effutuo101
Great Pic's. Here is one of my trunk.
effutuo101
BTW. The top still fits in there.
scotty b
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Dec 23 2007, 06:42 AM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 23 2007, 08:25 AM) *

Those look like 944's -
Maybe the 951's -

Later 951 or 968. Standard 944 has a single piston floating caliper and the early 951 is slightly different shaped and has 2 ribs on the outer half.
Eric_Shea
951 Calipers... I've got a sister set.

T.C., that's a great looking start! smilie_pokal.gif We're all watching now. Get to work! biggrin.gif
blitZ
QUOTE(nein14 @ Dec 23 2007, 10:37 AM) *

I'd love to have a P1800 aktion035.gif

Me too. I'd put on a suit and drive around town, pretending like I'm Simon Templar.

Sleepin
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 26 2007, 07:21 AM) *

Eric L. You must have really been SLEEPIN if I got your brakes and your Civic shades.gif .My Civic has a TON of miles, runs like a Champ and thanks to the Marooons at my local dealership is under bumper to bumper warranty for another year and a half.

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Looks pretty decent! I had my hatch for six years after new in 99....kinda miss it!

IPB Image

driving.gif
Aaron Cox
i concur with 951 calipers... (can you get rebuild kits for them yet? or are they still NLA?)
neo914-6
QUOTE(drew365 @ Dec 13 2007, 06:05 PM) *

Just to tell you how sick I am, I'm more interested in the P1800. I going to do one of those some day. A sleeper with a small block.

agree.gif Click to view attachment
degreeoff
those pics sure chamge my opinion of the volvo being a 'lead sled'!!
Eric_Shea
(can you get rebuild kits for them yet? or are they still NLA?)

I think you can get kits for them. You just have to go through Porsche and they're priced individually. E.G.: Dust Cap $14.00 seal $12.00 (x16) (no real prices but the real prices are equally ridiculous for tiny pieces for rubber). If I recall, it was over $150 in seals... confused24.gif
bcheney
You are one crazy bastard!! I love all of it!! Can't wait to see them in person. My 6 conversion is moving forward. Just a lot of parts that now need to be bolted together. All the best T.C. Maybe we can talk soon.

Brian

QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 7 2007, 08:10 PM) *

1972 Signal Orange, Full Nascar Cage, Chassis stiffining, 2 sets of flairs (will be be Dzus fastening them. Will be be doing Coil-over Fronts & rears, Brembos, Getty 5 Gauge dash and either a 2.7 RS spec or a 2.8 Twin-plug thru a 915. I cant stop biggrin.gif .

T.C.

carr914
Started Dzus'ing the flares on

carr914
1st one done

hars914
T.C. It is good to see you are starting on it. That was Rich Johnson's old car
but I did a lot of work to it. It was on ebay a while back and I was suprised
it never sold. Now I have extra cash to put into my new 550 Spyder Replica.
carr914
Hi Harry, Couple of questions for you; What Fuel Cell were you going to put in the car since the mounts are there? And why is the seat mounted so far foward (you are a little taller than me)? I talked to Rich last week. I didn't realize that it had been on eBay until this thread. Glad that it didn't sell there, as this is one solid car. and post a picture of that 550 so the peeps here can drool on their computers.

T.C.
davep
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 28 2007, 07:44 PM) *

i concur with 951 calipers... (can you get rebuild kits for them yet? or are they still NLA?)

http://www.zeckhausen.com/Brembo/Consumables.htm

I think they are 951 also, but to be sure measure the bore size for each piston. There are several varieties.
hars914
The brackets were for a Fuel Safe fm110 10 gal. cell.They were there when I got the car from Rich. I had just made the seat bracket. I never really adjusted the
seat to fit me . It is going to kill me to see the car on the track. I will post pics
of the spyder some time tommorow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.