Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car not running above idle, any ideas?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
My son came home from college to drive his 914, I've been starting it up every couple weeks to keep it running, well. We start it up it no problem, let it idle for about 5 minutes and the idle drops lower than I'm used to hearing. Go to give it gas and it bogs down. Let up on the gas it returns to idle. I can pump the throttle to get higher rpms, but can't hold it open or it will die.

It seems like the fuel cuts out when the throttle opens.

So where to start? It's got air, fuel and spark if it runs at idle, but I have no idea how to check when running.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 8 2007, 01:18 PM) *

My son came home from college to drive his 914, I've been starting it up every couple weeks to keep it running, well. We start it up it no problem, let it idle for about 5 minutes and the idle drops lower than I'm used to hearing. Go to give it gas and it bogs down. Let up on the gas it returns to idle. I can pump the throttle to get higher rpms, but can't hold it open or it will die.

It seems like the fuel cuts out when the throttle opens.

So where to start? It's got air, fuel and spark if it runs at idle, but I have no idea how to check when running.

a quickie would be the head temp sensor
Mikey914
Well, it has magically fixed itself. ??? I'm thinking electrical but may just swap out.
Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.