Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Never Seen This Book
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I've never seen this book before. Anyone read it?
Aaron Cox
i think brian long wrote another book about 914's.... i bet that is just a new cover?
Porsche Rescue
I have the earlier edition. One of the best 914 books out there.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Dec 8 2007, 05:27 PM) *

I have the earlier edition. One of the best 914 books out there.

Jimbob lives!!

How are things in the wilds of Southern Oryegun?
Gustl
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 9 2007, 01:48 AM) *

I've never seen this book before. Anyone read it?

I have it smile.gif

it's a re-edition from the well known Brian Long book, but much more photos, especially more colour photos and some little mistakes are fixed (not all)

to me, it's worth the money

bye1.gif Gustl
McMark
I'll have to check it out...
Porsche Rescue
Hey JP. All is well here. Adjusting to life with a retired wife. Not as much time to play cars anymore. I been watchin' you though. Get that engine back together! And Merry Christmas.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Dec 8 2007, 06:49 PM) *

. Adjusting to life with a retired wife. Not as much time to play cars anymore.

Doin' dishes & stringin' lights
anything she asks to avoid the fights..

Adjusting to life with a retired wife.
Adjusting to life with a retired wife.
doo-da.......

Sounds like the beginnings of a good country western song.
Hi Jim bye1.gif

....b
Porsche Rescue
You got it right Bruce. I been watchin you too. Lookin' for another Punkin?
Bruce Allert
ya. Looking for the right one. I like the power of the Miata's supercharger but the 914 is something I just can't get outta my blood. The right one will come along after the Miata sells.

....b
Eric_Shea
I have that book. Good one.

Hey Jim, been hitting Ashland a bit lately...

Amuse, Morning Glory... man, what a breakfast. Just got back from that neck of the woods yesterday.
Porsche Rescue
Let me know next time you come this way. You found two of the best spots but there are others. We really like a small town with amenities in such beautiful country. Full of lots of old retirees like us. The Porsche folks here are tourers, not trackers, but that's ok.
VaccaRabite
I got that book for myself at a Day-After-Christmas-Sale last year. Its really good, everyone should have a copy.

Zach
1970 Neun vierzehn
What they all said ...

agree.gif

A good mix of 914 background, history, production through the years, facts/specs, with a nice selection of photos. It should be on every 914 enthusiasts' bookshelf.

Paul
GWN7
I'd like to see the one on the left re-issued....in English smile.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Dec 9 2007, 10:41 PM) *

I'd like to see the one on the left re-issued....in English smile.gif

So would I!

I find it curious that the market that received the most 914s, consequently having the greatest 914 owner base, doesn't merit that book in English. huh.gif

I would think that anyone who would go to the trouble of compiling that book would have an English language version to increase the market for its publication. Perhaps the author doesn't feel that US owners are enthusiastic enough about the 914 or are too shallow to care about the development, history and production of it. If that were the case, I'd direct them to this site.

Paul
VaccaRabite
Having books translated is an expensive proposition, and a poorly translated book can be very much more detrimental then not having a translated copy at all. It is likely that the publishing house (they make this choice, not the author) did not think that the book sell enough to cover the cost of translation.

Zach
jaminM3
My Dad was a professional German translator for 20 years for a company and also did side jobs. I don't think it would cost as much as you think (he's not living the caviar and champagne lifestyle if you know what I mean) laugh.gif
Downunderman
I got mine direct from the publisher in the UK.
http://www.veloce.co.uk/shop/products/search.php
Now available in softcover as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.