Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post Christmas wrenching party in York PA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
VaccaRabite
It would appear that there is some interest in a post Xmas wrenching party. I'm happy to host. I'm free from the 27th - 31st, though everything needs to be cleared up by the afternoon of the 31st in case we develop NYE plans.

I intend to be working on my car all that week. I have space for 2 other cars under shelter, and a TON of blacktop.

I would love the company if you have projects, and will be happy to help anyone who wants to come.

I have space to sleep guests, so long as you stay clear of Erin's way while she gets ready for work in the morning.

Notice is short on this (I love organic planning) but please let me know what days would work best for you. Anyone is welcome, just let me know you are coming. :-)

Back to the old first post here....

So, Back at Root's place in October, ScottyB suggests that we plan a weekend at my house in PA for Scottyb, type11969, DrEvil and I to work on various projects. Scott and Chris wanted transmissions, I wanted to get as much done on my car as I could, and Mike was having issues with his 2.7.

Well, scheduling was a bitch. No one day seemed to work for everyone, so I just chose this weekend. Bummer, as Chris could not make it, but I was booked up till classes started again after this weekend.

Mikes 2.7 went into surgery over Black Friday. Scott dropped at the last moment due to a new job. Weather was forcasted to be sour, and I was prepping just to make the best of it and work all by my onsie.

But Evil called and let me know he'd be here saturday evening, so I went and grabbed a case of Smithwick's, and made sure the garage was clean.

Mike showed up around 7 while Erin and I were decorating the tree. Evil 1 scored some major points with Erin for bringing her Baclava. Mike and I left for Burritos and then headed to the garage, where we stayed until around 2:30am. He finished my tranny, while I reassembled my doors, put in my SS tunnel fuel line, and did other small jobs. We also started fighting with the front axle on Mike's Toyota.

I ended up turning into bed around 3:30ish, and getting up this morning around 9. Mike was sacked out on the couch till I woke him up at 11 for breakfast. We hit FLAPS for some bits, and back to work we went. Most of the day was spent getting the front drive train sorted on Mike's Toyota. I did, however, get my wire harness reinstalled on the 914. It was a long day in the garage, and we kept working long after the heater had burned though the last of my kerosene, and my iPod had run out of battery.

Mike headed home around 7pm this evening. Very good weekend. My arms are sore, my 914 is way farther along then it was friday evening.

Well, okay, everyhting was good except for having to cope with Evil's beer fueled flatulence. That was near enough to chase me out of the gas chamb... garage at times.

Zach
Dr Evil
Them were some stinky invisible ducks you had in your garage happy11.gif
Thanks for the help. I made it home with no probs thumb3d.gif
scotty b
Sorry I couldn't be there guys. As for the side job...the guy punked out on me. I was counting on an extra 300.00 for 5 hours werk. F-in Prick mad.gif Anyway, thats a hell of a haul for me to make in 2 days. I need to do it when I have a 3-4 day weekend. Burritos, Baklava and beer sounds like a damn fine meal too chowtime.gif
okieflyr
Gee, I never new Mike was such a great late night date!

I got a natural gas heater in my garage that never runs out, XM Thumpin stereo, and three steps from food in the kitchen.

Oh ya, the Aussie will chase the ball way after your arm falls off!

Are you tempted yet Mike? I gots a few projects left....
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 10 2007, 08:02 PM) *

Sorry I couldn't be there guys. As for the side job...the guy punked out on me. I was counting on an extra 300.00 for 5 hours werk. F-in Prick mad.gif Anyway, thats a hell of a haul for me to make in 2 days. I need to do it when I have a 3-4 day weekend. Burritos, Baklava and beer sounds like a damn fine meal too chowtime.gif

When do you have a 3 or 4 day weekend?

I am off work for a week between Xmas and new years, and happy to host more garage days.

Zach
scotty b
[quote name='Vacca Rabite' date='Dec 11 2007, 07:32 AM' post='975813']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 10 2007, 08:02 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[/quote]

When do you have a 3 or 4 day weekend?

I am off work for a week between Xmas and new years, and happy to host more garage days.

Zach
[/quote]

I'm actually taking that whole week off. Unfortunately I have a full weeks worth of stuff already lined up to werk on sad.gif But it is MY stuff for a change smile.gif well, mine and my dads dry.gif I'm always gonna be someone elses bitch headbang.gif
type11969
Sorry I couldn't make it, ends up I was pretty sick anyway. Sounds like it was a productive (in more than one way) weekend.

Let me know about the week bet. xmas and New Years, I'll be off for all of it and may be up for a garage session. Got some projects on my Westy that could benefit from an extra set of hands.

How are your respective engine projects going?

-Chris
VaccaRabite
My engine is back together, though I still need to re-leak it. Frankly, I am finding excuses not to do it. sad.gif *wussie*

If you want to schedule a few days to work on stuff, just let me know. I'll make sure the fridge is stocked, and I have a full 5 gallons of K1 for the heater (last weekend, I was just burning the end of last years K1.)

Zach
type11969
Cool, sounds good
plas76targa
Hey Zach, Let me know if you have a "wrenching" party. I'll lend a hand.

Otherwise we (East Coaster's) should get together for dinner or something over the Christmas break
VaccaRabite
Fellas, pick a day or days.

I am totally free and clear from the 27th through Dec 31st. I'd have to kick you all out if we develop New Years plans on the 31st. My wife will be working all week, and I will be home alone. I have space to sleep guests, so long as you don't get in my wife's way while she is getting ready for work in the morning.

I intend to pretty much work on my call all week, and would be very happy to have company whenever I could get it. I'd also be happy to help others with thier car.

I am going to rename the thread to draw attention to it.
Zach
Dr Evil
QUOTE(okieflyr @ Dec 10 2007, 08:31 PM) *

Gee, I never new Mike was such a great late night date!

I got a natural gas heater in my garage that never runs out, XM Thumpin stereo, and three steps from food in the kitchen.

Oh ya, the Aussie will chase the ball way after your arm falls off!

Are you tempted yet Mike? I gots a few projects left....

Have tools, will travel. But, I am booked up until next year sad.gif

As for my engine, I am waiting on parts and for my reconditioned p/c from Clayton. I'll be posting progress in its thread when some happens. biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Renaming the thread, you cheeky devil!
plas76targa
La Bump icon_bump.gif

Zach - I can come up Friday 12/27, or Sat, Sunday. What ever work's best for you or any other's

Come on now East Coaster's chime in here. Root, Jim Kelley, ... where's that Evan character biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
I think that you probably mean friday the 28th, or Sat or Sun.

But it works, either way.

Zach
degreeoff
Shit I can help out. Let me know what day/s you guys are doing what ur doin and I'll haul up there.
VaccaRabite
For me, the 28th would be the best day. Keeps the house all to me, and I don't have to worry about my wife being amused/un-amused at our antics. :-)

Zach
Dr Evil
sad2.gif I'm out. I am booked until after the 2nd week of the year.
zymurgist
I'm in Florida that week... no homebrews for any of us sad.gif
type47
hmmm, 28th.... post if this gets firmed up. i'll see if the fun nazi will let me out for a day. york is about 2 hrs from me.
degreeoff
Hey Jim, If you want we could carpool. I am right down (or up :-) I'll drive! I am right around the beltway about 30 min.
VaccaRabite
Consider the date firm (Friday the 28th)

I have a feeling that on the 29th and 30th I am going to be lost in the woods of Western PA on my annual dead of winter hike. Its not been confirmed yet, but that is the weekend that is being floated.

Pic from last years wintery high adventure:
IPB Image

Zach
degreeoff
Good God man! Why would you want to do that??
scottb
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Dec 19 2007, 06:19 PM) *

Good God man! Why would you want to do that??

what he said!!

i got an idea.... instead of going for a hike in the snow.... run around the block about 10 times then eat a cold can of dinty moore stew and sleep on the floor of your bedroom with the windows open in a sleeping bag. you could listen to some yanni or something then go to friendly's for breakfast.

i have camped for years but never did the winter thing. kudos to you....

cheers,

scott
VaccaRabite
Winter hikes are the BEST. Really. I don't get too hot. When I start heating up I can just take off a layer and stow it. Not to mention how peaceful the woods can be in the snow. I also like the cold, and know how to exist in it.

Zach
VaccaRabite
York Post Christmas Wrenching, Friday Dec 28th.

330 South Park St
Dallastown PA

Show up anytime after 9am.

Zach
plas76targa
Degreeoff & Jim,

Let me know if you guys will be passing by Frederick. i'll wait for you and we'll caravan it up there.
degreeoff
I hate to say it but my direct rout @ 83 miles is a due north trip...fredrick would be WELL out of the way as it adds 50 miles and an hour to the trip as the mapquest has it. Your best bet I hate to say would be to ride with jim as his route is a little more direct in going that way or if Jim pipes in here? His direct route brings him right by my house @ 98 miles and 115 going your way.

I HATE LOGISTICS!
VaccaRabite
We may be tearing apart my motor (among other projects people bring).
I may have to get the case re-decked.

Weeeeee.

Zach
type11969
That licks zach, whats crappenin with the engine? Leak down tests bad still?

Still on the fence about making the trek . . .
VaccaRabite
Yep. Used your tester today and the leak down was still around 50% for Cyl 1.

Zach
type47
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Dec 20 2007, 12:57 PM) *

Degreeoff & Jim,

Let me know if you guys will be passing by Frederick. i'll wait for you and we'll caravan it up there.

most direct route for me to York is 95 to balt then up 83
Dr Evil
Zach, did you seethe other tread about checking your engine out? I posted some things you can do before taking it to the machinist.
root
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Dec 20 2007, 01:57 PM) *

Degreeoff & Jim,

Matt,

I'll come by your place on the way up if I make it? I'll let you know for sure on Wednesday next week.... got to see how things shake out during Christmas first.
I'd rather cruise 15 and 40 than I95. Come on Jim take the long way! chair.gif
VaccaRabite
I'll go check that out Mike. TIA!

Zach
plas76targa
Root,

Cool. I'll be checking here on the 26th. Your welcome to stay here either to or from if you don't want to make the whole trip in one day.

Degreeoff - yeah, I thought Laurel to PA would be up 83. No prol. just read your updated progress thread.. looking good

everyone have a safe and happy holiday!
type47
QUOTE(root @ Dec 20 2007, 08:20 PM) *

I'll let you know for sure on Wednesday next week.... got to see how things shake out during Christmas first. I'd rather cruise 15 and 40 than I95. Come on Jim take the long way! chair.gif

OK! cool. if you're going, i'll take the 15 route driving.gif
VaccaRabite
Any requests for food or tasty beverages? If not, I'll make a crock of chili or something simple like that tomorrow, and get a case of something to drink.

Zach
degreeoff
2 @ Sobe Adrenaline rush energy drinks...no alky 4 me....Bad things happen when I drink!!
VaccaRabite
Sobe. That there one 'a them new fangled drinks? Dunno if we got that here in Pennsyltucky.

If I can find it at the Giant, I'll pick some up for you.

Zach
VaccaRabite
Chili is in the crock. Beer is in the fridge, along with some coke and some Sobe. Might make some cornbread tonight if I feel inspired.

Looking forward to seeing anyone that shows up!

Zach
root
Weather isn't good enough for "Blackie" but I'll drive the truck up to PA!
I want to see your project Zach.
Click to view attachment

Jim
-If your still going let me know.... I'll follow you in the truck if your driving the teener.
Or if you want to go with me in the pickup we can hookup at MATSYS.
type47
QUOTE(root @ Dec 27 2007, 02:18 PM) *

Weather isn't good enough for "Blackie" but I'll drive the truck up to PA!
I want to see your project Zach.
Click to view attachment

Jim
-If your still going let me know.... I'll follow you in the truck if your driving the teener.
Or if you want to go with me in the pickup we can hookup at MATSYS.

i'll meet you at MATSYS. what time? estimated return time? sorry i didn't post sooner. we installed the 4 windows in the garage today. i finished the shingles about 12:30 Christmas day!
plas76targa
Root & Jim, you guys want to stop here or let me know what time to meet you? there's a restaurant/store about a mile north of me on 15. Could meet you there. What time?

Zach, I feel your pain from last week - literally. putting dishes in the DW yesterday and my back spasmed. I have a 10 degree tilt forward walking! I probably shouldn't drive. but I will go regardless.

I'll pm you my phone number
root
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Dec 27 2007, 04:12 PM) *

Root & Jim, you guys want to stop here or let me know what time to meet you? there's a restaurant/store about a mile north of me on 15. Could meet you there. What time?

Zach, I feel your pain from last week - literally. putting dishes in the DW yesterday and my back spasmed. I have a 10 degree tilt forward walking! I probably shouldn't drive. but I will go regardless.

I'll pm you my phone number

I'm still planning on making the trip, as long as no last minute emergencies arrive.
Susan's mother has been on and off this week but I don't expect that to interfere....We just got back from a visit with her and she's doing better. smile.gif

Hey Jim great to hear your moving along on the garage.... Anytime in the morning Saturday at MATSYS is fine I'll be there from 8AM 'till you arrive.
Then we'll call Matt and off we go! driving.gif
Remind to bring the spoiler for MATT! poke.gif
plas76targa
Zach,

My back is really bad so I'm going to go see the Dr today. Hopefully I can calm this down and maybe get up your way before the new year. Hope you make good progress!

Matt

degreeoff
Zach,

This is his girlfriend and he's on his way, the GPS doesn't register your addy. Could you give him a call on his cell 301.741.0111 please? Thanks!
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Dec 28 2007, 08:33 AM) *

Zach,

My back is really bad so I'm going to go see the Dr today. Hopefully I can calm this down and maybe get up your way before the new year. Hope you make good progress!

Matt

Sorry to hear it! Get to the docs. The pain gets better as soon as you start taking the drugs. Happy new year if I don't see you before then.

Zach
crash914
Well? Where is the update with pictures?
Dr Evil
Did Josh make it?

Sorry about your back, Matt. All you guys are falling apart sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.