Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Off Topic. remember the good old days....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thesey914
piratenanner.gif I put his smilie in my last post and noticed it's named 'QARL'. Got me thinking about the good old days when there was only one 914 forum and the early guys were regular posters.
There was that guy with the awesome Martini 914 GT....can you think of any more?
Wonder how they're all doing and if they still have a 914
davep
While not as early a member as you James, I often wonder what has happened with some of the early members. Qarl did drop in recently.
Gint
I'm still here.

The Martini 914 is Scott Schroeder's. He drops in once in a while. Mueller sold off his last 914 and last I heard was still posting parts in our classifieds here.

I do miss the good 'ole days though.
mike_the_man
I remember the good ol' days too. I used to love trying to decipher Miles' posts.

I heard a rumour that Qarl's car is going to be done next summer...
rick 918-S
Made some great friends!
iamchappy
I am going to visit Qarl next month, I will try to get his butt in gear and get that car together. Qarl is in the process of building a new house, work, Hunter and the dogs have Qarl real busy.

Plus he has a Lotus and Carrera S to drive around.

I miss Miles.....
Jeffs9146
Yes, It seems like forever since things changed! I was one of the first 100 in the old club. I have been on hold collecting parts for my 6 since I sold my 74 to JWest. I miss those days!! drunk.gif
thesey914
Scott Schroder that was the guy. Of course Andy and Brad are still going, then there was Trek in the later days.
What happened to Miles?
type47
QUOTE(thesey914 @ Dec 10 2007, 02:46 PM) *

What happened to Miles?

didn't he marry a sheep?

sheeplove.gif
mike_the_man
Qarl is building a new house??? huh.gif I seem to recall his old place being pretty huge.

Has anyone heard anything from Korijo lately? I remember a post awhile back where a few members stopped by to visit. I hope all is well with him and his family!
StratPlayer
I remember when it was a big hoop la when we finally had 90 members online at one time.
SirAndy
sad.gif there's quite a few that have dropped off the face of the 914 world ...

Qarl, Korijo, Miles, Carl and Meredith, Mueller
jgara962
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 10 2007, 03:19 PM) *

Mike Z
scotty b
QUOTE(jgara962 @ Dec 10 2007, 04:31 PM) *

Mike Z

Z has a bad case of draggeritis. He got into that 356 and dissapeard. To snooty to hang out with us NARPies now bootyshake.gif

His progress thread. 356 assdragger
RoadGlue

Carl and Meredith are doing well, per Carl. He's one of my Flickr.com buddies. Haven't seen Mueller since the WCR2007 event.
Bleyseng
Korijo is bedridden and doesn't use the computer anymore. Rich was trying to get the software set up so he could use it.. sad.gif

I could call and see how they are doing and wish Kori and Dave a Merry Christmas.

I miss
Qarls goofy game posts,
Miles humor,
Merediths funny pics,
and Mueller announcing his newest and greatest project and selling off the old unfinished project.

ah, the good ol days...haha piratenanner.gif
Andyrew
Im still alive, but the 914 hasnt been touched.

Been throwing (burning) money on my Audi a4.

TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 10 2007, 02:48 PM) *

I'm still here.

me too rolleyes.gif
Remember the days when everyone wanted to kiss Gint? biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
skline
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Dec 11 2007, 09:05 AM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 10 2007, 02:48 PM) *

I'm still here.

me too rolleyes.gif
Remember the days when everyone wanted to kiss Gint? biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

I never wanted to kiss Gint!! He was a great guy and all with a hot wife, but I never wanted to kiss him. I am starting to see what happened to all the old guys now. Strange I never noticed it before............ drunk.gif
Mueller
I am still 914-less, the wife has to tell me EVERYTIME she sees a 914 on the road, which is at least once a week...I ask her does that mean I can get another one??? "hell no" is the usual answer smile.gif

anyways, I will always be a 914'er... notice the hats and shirts worn when in Sydney Australia a few months back:

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Jake Raby
How about the Alfred days??

That bastard!!!
pete-stevers
jake, andy once told me that alfred lives not to far from me....
i miss the old days too....
..... then there is salmon boy who spends very little time on the board too....
Mueller
oh yea, I had lunch today with another ex-914 owner, Eric Geer, he had the yellow 2.0 with the HUGE flares and running stock steel VW wheels
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 11 2007, 03:31 PM) *

oh yea, I had lunch today with another ex-914 owner, Eric Geer, he had the yellow 2.0 with the HUGE flares and running stock steel VW wheels

Eric actually popped in at RoadGlue a few months back as well. Glad to know he's still doing well. Nice guy!
Ferg
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 11 2007, 02:40 PM) *

I am still 914-less, the wife has to tell me EVERYTIME she sees a 914 on the road, which is at least once a week...I ask her does that mean I can get another one??? "hell no" is the usual answer smile.gif

anyways, I will always be a 914'er... notice the hats and shirts worn when in Sydney Australia a few months back:

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Mike, the family is looking great! wub.gif

I give you 2 years and somehow a 914 will find you happy11.gif

Ferg beerchug.gif
Joe Ricard
Dang such memories of all of us doing stupid shit to our cars and then telling everyone here what ya done.
TonyAKAVW
Howard sad.gif
Porcharu
Mueller is still up to the same crazy things - only with an old Volvo!
He has already made a set of caliper adaptors to swap a set of turbo RX-7 calipers onto the old brick and a set of balljoint spacers to improve the front end geometry on the lowered Volvo. He was nice enough to make me the same parts.
Steve
914werke
as the "914world" turns biggrin.gif
Mike are you and the Saskatchewan crew gonna
make it to the PNW this summer?
Meredith

Hi! bye1.gif

I may not check in much, but I am still around. I'm trying to be a grown up for once and actually work at a real job. And pay rent/bills. Kind of sucks.

But I can never fully escape these little cars. Case in point: (Yes, I'm patting myself on the back for this story) I helped out a 914 owner last week. He was stalled on the side of the road in Mountain View and my co-worker and I got gas for the guy. We probably wouldn't have stopped if it weren't a 914. Sad, but true. These cars hold some sort of power over me!

-M
McMark
Keep the faith...

Glad you stopped in Mer... wavey.gif

IPB Image
Bruce Allert
Mark!!! CORGI'S!!!!!

When'd you get those cute 'lil buggars??

Vinnie & Quigley say HI bye1.gif

........b

shoguneagle
Great to see updates on members, past and present. I DO MISS the old club. Still building a 914-6, hopefully, complete assembly and running next Aug-Sept. Still read all the boards, but it still not the same. Fondly remember and recall all the good things such as Dave's (Korijo) Van purchase and support. 914s and the owners always will "ROCK" in my book.

Mike, you and your family look great. Keep going on the old Volvo.

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to Everyone; the best of everything in the forthcoming year.

Steve N Sandy Hurt
SirAndy
QUOTE(Meredith @ Dec 17 2007, 11:20 PM) *

Hi! bye1.gif

I may not check in much, but I am still around. I'm trying to be a grown up for once and actually work at a real job. And pay rent/bills. Kind of sucks.

Hi Mer! bye1.gif

trust me on this one, growing up is way overrated ...
biggrin.gif Andy
Bleyseng
When did you grow up andy? chair.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Dec 18 2007, 04:48 PM) *

some 40 years ago .. dry.gif

back to the topic on hand, what ever happened to Jon Watts ???
idea.gif Andy
Jenny
Dunno about Jon. Last time I saw him was at my wedding, and I live in the same townhome complex as him. I've seen Deanne (?) a couple times driving around the neighborhood though.

Jen
mike_the_man
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Dec 13 2007, 08:18 PM) *

as the "914world" turns biggrin.gif
Mike are you and the Saskatchewan crew gonna
make it to the PNW this summer?

Hey Rich! bye1.gif I'm not too sure if we'll be making it down or not. Dan went and got married, Gary is racing Formula Ford's so he's super busy, and I've taken up triathlons, which seriously cuts into my car time. I'm hoping we can make it though! How are things with you?
Gint
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 18 2007, 07:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Dec 18 2007, 04:48 PM) *

some 40 years ago .. dry.gif

back to the topic on hand, what ever happened to Jon Watts ???
idea.gif Andy
Jon just posted some parts in our classifieds last week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.