Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NADA Value. /4 and /6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jaminM3
I may be in the market for a /6 in the next year or so. I went to the NADA website and they list the value as:

............ Low Retail Avg Retail High Retail
914/4 $5,750 $6,575 $8,750
914/6 $16,700 $18,900 $25,100

I think the /4 prices may be slightly high and the /6 prices a little low, but over all this is a pretty good nation-wide estimate. thumb3d.gif

What say you? confused24.gif
boxstr
I would use that as a pricing "guide". Every car is going to be different and the value is going to be subjective to you and the seller.
What the seller sees as a $25,100. 914-6 you may see as a $16,700. 914-6.
I think you are going to see the 6 prices rising because of sales to Europe, the Euro to USD has had a huge impact on 6 values. These values are not reflected in "guide" books like NADA and KBB.
Good luck in your search.
CCL
jaminM3
Also, from what I have seen on Ebay regarding completed auctions for /6s, these prices are pretty close. The more original the higher the value, for the most part. I saw one selll for about $16K and it was nice, but they had molded a fiberglass bumper to the headlight eye lid things. barf.gif
914Sixer
The only problem I see with the prices is that people will think thier parts cars are worth a whole lot more than they are. POS is still a POS.
boxstr
I would never use ebay to put a value on anything. It is an auction, and you never know what the "actual" outcome is.
Auctions have to many variables. Not a true indicator, no matter what the auction compnies might tell the public.
CCL
Cevan
This guy is asking $25K for a 914-4.
boxstr
And it might be what the seller paid for that car. There is a sliver one in that area that was purchased at Auction for $24500 recently.

Here is an article on the car. http://www.sportscarmarket.com/Profiles/20...ptember/German/
CCL
jd74914
He actually lives in Stamford, CT so his pricing may be skewed by the local economy. For those not from around here, Stamford is a very wealthy area. All of the power brokers in NYC live around that area. I wish I lived closer so I could check it out.
LarryR
The numbers on the 4's seem dead on to me. I have been watching them on ebay and 4's in real good condition seem to fetch high 8's to low 9's.
mel reckling
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Dec 11 2007, 11:39 AM) *

I may be in the market for a /6 in the next year or so. I went to the NADA website and they list the value as:

............ Low Retail Avg Retail High Retail
914/4 $5,750 $6,575 $8,750
914/6 $16,700 $18,900 $25,100

I think the /4 prices may be slightly high and the /6 prices a little low, but over all this is a pretty good nation-wide estimate. thumb3d.gif

What say you? confused24.gif

If you can wait about 10 years I may, depending on circumstances, have the car you should buy.

I've been wondering what my car is worth ever since I got it 25 years ago. If book values are determined by a number of cars sold and averaged, what could a vehicle quite rarer than the average car with no others sold to determine a value be worth? It is an unrestored original and could be brought up to show quality with not an extreme amount of effort.

I have a 72 914/6 with 82,000 miles and a very clean body. The car has been stored in a dry garage and not driven in 25 years. What does that add or subtract to it's desirability factor? Has that added to the car's history or taken away from it?

I don't know much about the prior history of this car beyond the fact a teacher from France who apparently had been to LeMans in the mid 70s either racing or spectating had owned it. I'm not even sure whether he was the original owner, but the car was delivered/imported through the Sonauto dealership. If anyone here knows how I could trace it's record it would be appreciated.

driving.gif
jasons
Mel I think your car would be above average on the value scale. For one, it has a 25 year known history. 2nd, its a 72 euro version, very odd. French taillights, amber fogs, very cool.
jaminM3
I would be all over a '72. That is what I would want, but I know it would be almost impossible to find. There was a '72 on Ebay a while back, but he claimed it had a 3.6 in it and everyone here said it was a mag case. I think the guy wanted $30K++ and it was molested. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.