Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great customer service today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
So, I got a bee in my bonnet to weld something today at work. I wanted to make an engine cart like the ones on ebay. So, off to Home Depot I went for raw materials.

While I was there, I thought I would get a vice. Cocain being expensive, I decided on a big lump of steel to bolt on my workbench. Problem was, the vices were hidden.

I got one of the floor jockeys to help me find them. Hey, 4 1/2 inch vice for $21. Sounds good to me. Huh, sold out. Well, the 4 inch heavy duty vice is also marked $21.

No, wait, here it says $49. The floor guy says, "looks like someone put the wrong sticker on the show model, it should be $49. But, its our mistake, I'll sell it to you for $21 for your troubles."

Bang on, brother man!

So, if y'all don't mind, I'm going to start playing with my new heavy duty vice, purchased at 42.8% off sticker.

Zach
736conver
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 11 2007, 06:04 PM) *

So, I got a bee in my bonnet to weld something today at work. I wanted to make an engine cart like the ones on ebay. So, off to Home Depot I went for raw materials.

While I was there, I thought I would get a vice. Cocain being expensive, I decided on a big lump of steel to bolt on my workbench. Problem was, the vices were hidden.

I got one of the floor jockeys to help me find them. Hey, 4 1/2 inch vice for $21. Sounds good to me. Huh, sold out. Well, the 4 inch heavy duty vice is also marked $21.

No, wait, here it says $49. The floor guy says, "looks like someone put the wrong sticker on the show model, it should be $49. But, its our mistake, I'll sell it to you for $21 for your troubles."

Bang on, brother man!

So, if y'all don't mind, I'm going to start playing with my new heavy duty vice, purchased at 42.8% off sticker.

Zach

A rarity in the big box retailers. You got lucky that time
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.