Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My car sure looks forelorn
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Winter and the car is on jackstands. I hate this time of year. Projects just seem to grow and last summer's is too long ago to remember and next summer seems so far away. The engine is still in Georgia and it won't be here until mid Feb.

Click to view attachment

My biggest winter project is done. The driver long is repaired and the Engman kit is in. And the new stuff and pan are coated with Por 15.

Click to view attachment

904svo
Dave, hang in there your engine will be ready soon. After you tune it at Jakes
you will be in a rush to install it. So finish your car up so that you can enjoy it
as soon as you install the engine.

PS
Merry Christmas

blitZ
Just sit in it and make engine noises, that should get you through the winter.
Gary
Think how nice it will be for the WCR 2008 aktion035.gif aktion035.gif .
DNHunt
Wiring is run for gauges and the insulation is back in. The short tray between the seats will allow me to mount the SDS ECU on the top of the tunnel near the firewall. The ECU will be out of the engine bay but the cable runs will be short.

Click to view attachment

I added another rubber wire conduit from the firewall through the front engine shelf. This will be for the SDS wiring.

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
put the wheels and top on, roll the car out and wash it while the weather is warm? douche out the shop? good day project.

k
rhodyguy
kill the blackberrys growing into the driveway. wink.gif

k
DNHunt
Thanks guys. I have to say I'mm getting jacked about the new engine. Patience isn't always my strong suit.

I finished the new gauge cluster. I added a CHT for each bank of cylinders and a exhaust gas temp gauge. I'm borbering on information overflow I know.

Click to view attachment

Since stuff is off the car I'm going to repair and repaint the rocker panel covers and repaint the valances

There was 3 coats of paint and 2 layers of bondo on this panel along with a section of rust and a crack. So, out comes the welder again.

Click to view attachment

Fuch the blackberries Kevin. It's 33 degrees out. Pretty soon I'll be able to be a hermit up here on the hill with 15 foot blackberry brambles to hide behind. Sorry, kind of antisocial.

Dave

DNHunt
I kind of go through a meltdown this time of year. I wake up way too early and get grumpy. It seems everyone has an opinion what's wrong and all the women quote Oprah, Geesh! The girls at the office think I have low testosterone, the wife and daughter think I'm sleep deprived. I think I'm just getting older and wish they would shut up about Oprah. Damn busybody.

Sorry about the rant

Kevin, the garage gets cleaned later. I'm morphing into Pigpen.

Dave
davep
It is the lack of light causing a vitamin D deficiency. Especially since you have been hiding behind welding helmet etc, you have not been getting enough UV light. We all suffer from it; all that is except our friends from downunder where they are heading into summer and have forgotten the winter blahs.
ejm
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Dec 12 2007, 09:09 AM) *

I finished the new gauge cluster. I added a CHT for each bank of cylinders and a exhaust gas temp gauge. I'm borbering on information overflow I know.

Don't forget to keep your eyes on the road! wacko.gif smile.gif
rhodyguy
the daylight issue is a distinct possibility. for dave, off to work in the dark, all day under flouresents, home in the dark. even when it's cold, we high latituders need to get out during the day when we can. that's why i do YARDWORK. even if it's just for an hour or so.

k
Joe Ricard
You could always get a girlfriend.

I just bought me a new one. Technically I am supposed to pick her up this Saturday. Perfect perportions with a full roll cage and has a spot for my new engine.
I plan on stripping her and having my way with her. Just hope the Red Neck Racer don't get jealous.

Or move down here to south town.
1. we have lots of sun shine.
2. Winter IS racing season
3. We really need a good dentist in town.
4. My youngest will be needing braces soon.
5. Hang on I'll think of something else.
PanelBilly
I'm having a difficult time working on the car this winter too. I think I'll get some more lights for the shop and maybe that will help. I put some high output 8 foot fixutres out in my business shop and the workers sure like it better. They weren't real expensive. I think the bulbs were almost as much as the fixtures. Hanging them from the 32' ceiling while standing on a pile of pallets lifted by the forklift was the hard part of the project.
Root_Werks
Car looks good Dave and your getting a bunch of stuff done to it. I SHOULD be doing the same myself. But mine is sitting untouched for a few weeks collecting dust. I should dig it out and drive it for a couple of days. driving.gif
boxstr
Dave, here is a project you and Kevin can do together....it might help with the light deprivation and all.
CCL
McMark
Did you look at the picture from our NorCal fun run? That'll get you ready for the next driving season... driving.gif
sixnotfour
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)

Seasonal Affective Disorder, also known as SAD, winter blues, or seasonal depression, is a medical condition caused by the seasonal change in the amount of available sunlight. SAD is most pronounced in the more northern regions of the world, with a greater daylight variance from summer to winter.

That being said, I drove 14 hours to enjoy 4-5 hours of bright sun and 65 degrees,
oh ya and picked up carbon fiber hoods.
I am not absolutley sure which worked the best.

Hang in there Dave, you have got alot acomplished.

FYI i think Kevin is Not allowed to touch the PT.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.