Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does a 74 window and regulator fit in a 72 door ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
levonfarra
Can the old style regulator with fuzzy cable (72 and earlier) and window be replaced with later style (73 on) regulator and window. Are the attachement points the same? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Levon
davep
Simple answer is no.
Attachment points are quite different.
It probably has been done, but would require a fair bit of fabrication.
markb
If you're really lucky (like I am), you have a "mid" or "transition" door. There was a period in 72 when they went from early style to late style, and the door was drilled both ways. If you have an early door only, no it can't be done without welding material on to the inner door.
iamchappy
I did it to mine, just a little drilling and welding is involved I dont think it took more than 45 minutes for me to do both doors, but i had some later doors that i was able to cut out the rear section thats needed.
markb
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Dec 12 2007, 04:23 PM) *

but i had some later doors that i was able to cut out the rear section thats needed.

This, I would think, would be what is needed. And having, and knowing how, to weld.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.