Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old racing pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
Dragged out some old slides from Riverside Raceway. Held them up to light with an old hand held slide viewer. Got to get one of them devices that copy slides to the hard drive.
Elliot Cannon
Jackie Stewart I think.
Elliot Cannon
more
Elliot Cannon
more
Elliot Cannon
I have others and will try to post them later. Time for night-night.
johannes
Got to get one of them devices that copy slides to the hard drive

Most call that a scanner ...

Manufacturers have flatbed scanners that are able to scan slides
For example:
CanoScan 4400F
Or
Epson Perfection Photo V200

Both can be found under 100 $

IPB Image
johannes
What you also will have to do is make color corrections.
Your slides likely faded. You will have to rework color levels.

The software is able to enhance the picture and show the natural colors

Did I say that your pictures are great ?...
woobn8r
GREAT Pics!!!!!!
1970 Neun vierzehn
Sing with me now...."those were the days, my friend, we'd thought they'd never end...." sad.gif

Thanks clap56.gif a whole bunch for sharing those. You can see all the photos in R&T or AutoWeek, but an individual's own, personal photos that he took with his very own camera and squeezed the shutter release with his own excited finger bring a personal level of shared experience that is conveyed far better than in the pages of a glossy magazine. I really enjoyed those. Thanks again.

Paul
effutuo101
pray.gif Great pictures
tdgray
Now we truely know that Elliot is retired biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing E
Pat Garvey
You can also take them to a halfway decent photo shop & have them scanned/corrected & copied to disc. I took a bunch of my old slides to Walgreen's & had them done for 29 cents each. Lots more to do yet, but those scanners can get pricey & once you've done your collection, you have another piece of electronic crap that has no further purpose.

If you're not quite happy with the ageing effect, you can always Photoshop them. The longer you wait, the more they degrade.
Pat
championgt1
I love the patina of the old pictures. Cropping them and making them brighter just makes them look like they were taken last year at a vintage race. Of course that is just my two cents. Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing smilie_pokal.gif
LarryR
mmmmmmmm can am wish I could afford to race one of those in vintage.
rick 918-S
Cool!
johannes
you have another piece of electronic crap that has no further purpose

Theese are flatbed scanners that ALSO do slides and négatives. So you can use them as REGULAR scanner, photocopy ...
I own a scanner like that. Its used by all the family including wife and young daughter to do photocopy.
Insert the document , push the "photocopy button" , wait until the printer has finished his job. Of course printer and computer must be turned on.
GS Guy
Awesome pics! More.... MORE!!! smilie_pokal.gif

If you're into the old Can Am, then this will be a must-have in the DVD collection:

http://www.canamfilm.com/

Just the trailer gets the juices flowing! I only hope my surround sound system is up to the challenge of "thumping" your chest when you hear the BBC's fire up! popcorn[1].gif

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.