Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hood ornament placement?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turtleturtle
Hey guys, I have been doing some major body work to my 72 and that hood ordiment was installed cockeyed and I was wondering if someone could tell my the exact placement. How many inches from the front and how many inches from each side should it sit. Thanks.
tdgray
Well since they did not come with one to begin with... I would put it where you think it looks pleasing to the eye.

If I was looking to find where it would pleasing to the eye I would put it back in the box it can from... but that's my .02 biggrin.gif
Racer
QUOTE(turtleturtle @ Dec 13 2007, 01:07 PM) *

Hey guys, I have been doing some major body work to my 72 and that hood ordiment was installed cockeyed and I was wondering if someone could tell my the exact placement. How many inches from the front and how many inches from each side should it sit. Thanks.

My recollection is that there were DEALER and not Factory installed items. As such, there likely is no "correct" placement or measurement.
Joe Ricard
But you can just go look at a real Porsche and measure the same distance up from the leading edge of the hood. Center it up and wham your stylin.

OK that's what I did here's where it is on the 928 so that's where it goes on the 914.
72914S
Pelican parts has their driving.gif measurements some where a on their web site
scotty b
Ahem.....ornament. smile.gif

turtleturtle
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 13 2007, 07:16 PM) *

Ahem.....ornament. smile.gif

Well if the never came with a hood ornament (thanks for the correct spelling lol) I guess I will just leave it off. Less work. biggrin.gif Thanks guys.
shelby/914
PMes you with the how to if you still want to. Currently on page 11 of the garage, measurments and pix.
johannes
But you can just go look at a real Porsche and measure

WTF.gif
turtleturtle
I got the ornament already on the car, 3.5 inches from the bottom of the front, to the bottom tip of the crest and centered. The previous paint must have been hfitting some fumes because he put it 6.5 inch, and a little to the left and cockeyed, not even close to centered lol. Looks great now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.