Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I knew I'd be back
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
Greetings everyone!!!

Well, the time is near... we've moved to Utah, the finances are just about all sorted out, and it's just about time to purchase another "toy" car.

Please note.. I'm not ready "now"... but soon... within a few months.

Here's the thing... I sold my last 914 because of a growing family, the frustration with my lack of knowledge about the VW dual-carb boxer, and the inherant "slowness" of a 914.

But..... I love the car... always have, always will.

Since then.... I've single-handedly built a stage 3 WRX that runs mid 12s, and I'm quite proud of it.

I've also got a LONG history (over 15 cars) of 70s era V8 GM cars.

Either way.... I know GMs, and I know subies... and their both very capable of producing amazing power (as you all know).

QUESTION:

I'm considering buying a GM V8 powered 914, or one of those recent Suby conversions. I've been watching ebay... but I really haven't seen either of them recently.

Looking for something clean, well sorted, but not necessarily a "show" car. It doesn't have to be "mint" or anything, just well sorted.

What should I expect to spend?? Thoughts?

McMark
Suby.
jd74914
There is a Suby power 914 on ebay now. The guy just finished his conversion too.
boxstr
And you could have a V8. Anywhere from $5000-$15,000. It all depends on do you want turnkey or a project. And If you already know GM then you are just that much further ahead in the game.
CCL
Eric_Shea
-6 beerchug.gif

Welcome to planet Utah. Ya see... "Here" you could have used that damn snow plow thing you had on the front of your old car! biggrin.gif
jaminM3
Where are you at in Utah?

I saw a nice yellow V8 conversion for sale up by the University of Utah about 2 months ago. The guy would never answer my calls so I could check it out. If I see it again in the next 6 months, I will let you know.

Cool, more 914s in Utah. thumb3d.gif
Eric_Shea
I saw a nice yellow V8 conversion for sale up by the University of Utah about 2 months ago

He works in the office building next door. Spoke to him this summer.
jonferns
you just cant cure the 914 bug, can ya?

-6 beerchug.gif

agree.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Dec 14 2007, 07:44 PM) *

you just cant cure the 914 bug, can ya?

-6 beerchug.gif

agree.gif

...I came back after 13 years! Believe it or not it was only after reading about the Suby conversion! beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.