Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 356 fest at automobile atlanta saturday dec15th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Sorry I have not posted nor replied to threads recently but needless to say, we have been slammed.
We are hosting 25 or more 356 guys with the Southern 356 owners group tomorrow but of course all 914 guys are invited as well. Shop tour, good chat, etc. Rain or shine (that is a joke for all of you who know that there is no rain ever anymore here in the northern part of Georgia!!!!0
HAM Inc
Sounds like fun George! Wish I could make it. I'd love to show off my latest 356/912 cylinder head developments. I have two pairs that I just finished up and are ready for shipping. Both are twin plugged with port work. Within a month all of my modified 356/912 ports will be CNC'd. And I will also be offering a B head conversion. We start with a B head and convert it to 912 specs, fully CNC'd intakes, exhaust ports and chambers. Stunning! I'll let you know when it's available.
Have fun!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(HAM Inc @ Dec 14 2007, 02:59 PM) *

Sounds like fun George! Wish I could make it. I'd love to show off my latest 356/912 cylinder head developments. I have two pairs that I just finished up and are ready for shipping. Both are twin plugged with port work. Within a month all of my modified 356/912 ports will be CNC'd. And I will also be offering a B head conversion. We start with a B head and convert it to 912 specs, fully CNC'd intakes, exhaust ports and chambers. Stunning! I'll let you know when it's available.
Have fun!

Would love to see it! Was driving in my silver cab today and remarking at how much faster than my red roadster! Both have fresh engines. Maybe we could do an engine?
Jake Raby
Maybe we could do an engine?

And I have an idea....

And Len knows what we have already done with the 356 engine.

Wish I could come!
George, You should have told me about this last night!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Dec 14 2007, 04:38 PM) *

Maybe we could do an engine?

And I have an idea....

And Len knows what we have already done with the 356 engine.

Wish I could come!
George, You should have told me about this last night!

You are WAY too young to hang out with a bunch of old guys. (you would be bored to death!) Already the guys working for me are complaining about having to be here! When we have the boxster fest we will invite you young man.
Jake Raby
All my friends are 10 years older+ than I am... :-)

Here is the last 1883cc 356 STREET engine I did using Len's heads.
IPB Image

In the lab
IPB Image

We now have engine kits for these too :-) They start at 120HP

I have a trick 356 Land Speed Race engine underway now thats going to Bonneville in 08, Len is doing the heads now.. It's a destroked, big bore twin plug monster...

Here is the billet crankshaft in the first stage of "whittling".
Click to view attachment
904svo
George,

Thank you had a great time there. It was strange to see 3 904's there,
Your's, Chuck Becks and Larry Mortimers. But you gota love those 356's
there also.
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(904svo @ Dec 15 2007, 10:56 AM) *

George,

Thank you had a great time there. It was strange to see 3 904's there,
Your's, Chuck Becks and Larry Mortimers. But you gota love those 356's
there also.
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

always nice to see the "Engineer"! You could show us all a thing or two or three!
SGB
Say- do you fellers know about this?
Georgia Tech Auto Show
The primary organizer has two 914s.
Ferg
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Gint
QUOTE(Ferg @ Dec 16 2007, 02:36 PM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
agree.gif
Al Meredith
The Ga Tech show is in the Spring and is organized by Sterling Skinner "sterlingskinner@me.gatech.edu" . Stirling has a 914 with a Lexas 300HP V8. He is Coordinating a Christmas party at Chuck Becks house on the 21st.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.