Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: $50,000 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GeorgeRud
It seems that I keep seeing the prices of original 914-6s inching up and up. With the upcoming auctions in Arizona, I was wondering if any 914-6s were going to go over $50,000.

What's the highest price anyone has heard of so far (not including factory GTs, 916s, etc.)? Is it finally the next Speedster?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 14 2007, 04:37 PM) *

It seems that I keep seeing the prices of original 914-6s inching up and up. With the upcoming auctions in Arizona, I was wondering if any 914-6s were going to go over $50,000.

What's the highest price anyone has heard of so far (not including factory GTs, 916s, etc.)? Is it finally the next Speedster?

I paid just shy of 50 grand for the 71 green one with 5600 miles on it back in 1991!
SirAndy
i paid $500 for mine in 2006!

biggrin.gif Andy

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Why is it on a forklift? biggrin.gif
GeorgeRud
Can you put it together for less than $50,000? That has always been the question, and depends how many parts you already have stashed away and how much work you can do yourself. We had a 914-6GT lookalike here in Chicagoland about tens years ago that the owner had invested over $50,000 in when he was done (and then sold it for about half that amount when he went on to his next project).
jgara962
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 14 2007, 03:51 PM) *

Because there isn't anything to put the jackstands under biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 14 2007, 03:54 PM) *

Can you put it together for less than $50,000?

yes, but i got lucky. long story, but i got a deal on *ALL* parts needed to make this a concours original all numbers matching 914-6 ...

i'm guesstimating around ~25k by the time it's done ...
sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif Andy
Al Meredith
I payed $6000 for mine (#1937) about 15 years ago. It was a complete car and my Son drove it to Atlanta from Nashville. It has been in boxes ever since.
East coaster
I've got about that much into mine and it's even not a real six!

A 3.6 and Wevo 915 make the originality kinda moot anyway though!

Click to view attachment
Gint
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 14 2007, 04:51 PM) *

That's why it was so expensive. av-943.gif
roadster fan
eastcoaster........I love that car, everytime I see a photo of it drooley.gif
Challe
Eastcoaster..... I'm stunned!

I like the 914s in orginality condition,

But this is one of the most beautiful 914 I ever has seen!

sean_v8_914
all in favor of eastcoaster hijacking this thread with more pics of his car say AYE
woobn8r
Aye
IronHillRestorations
The last full restoration/conversion project I did was out the door right at $40k, and the owner did more to it after that (seats, new PMO's, extra wheels & tires for track use, and other stuff) which brought it close to the $50k mark. He used the car for three years or so and sold it for $30k.
East coaster
Couple of various pics

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
East coaster
more

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
East coaster

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
East coaster
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
East coaster
Click to view attachment
roadster fan
yep, again drooley.gif

one of the nicest custom 914's around

Jim

Oh, you must have more pics that you havent shown before popcorn[1].gif
736conver
gee is that a MOMO steering wheel
SirAndy
QUOTE(736conver @ Dec 15 2007, 01:42 PM) *

gee is that a MOMO steering wheel

av-943.gif
East coaster
It's a "HOMO" steering wheel wink.gif

Glad that's all you've found so far to bust balls about!

Sure glad I didn't have any of the purple neon undercarriage lights on in the photos! (yes, I'm just kidding!)
Not many orginal ones made,Clean orginal drivers going for 20-25K,I can see them in a few years going for that kind of money. Glad I got mine a few years back. The six cyl. engine in the 914 is a blast to drive.They maybe are the modern day speedster.Only time will tell,Happy Holidays.....
scrz914
There was a stock 914-6 that sold a couple of weeks ago here in my neck of the woods. Advertised at $12k. Missed it by a couple of hours.

Anyone here buy it?
roadster fan
QUOTE(scrz914 @ Dec 15 2007, 06:27 PM) *

There was a stock 914-6 that sold a couple of weeks ago here in my neck of the woods. Advertised at $12k. Missed it by a couple of hours.

Anyone here buy it?

never got a hold of the seller dry.gif

Jim
michaelt55
hey...nice console..whats it out of ?? Or did you adapt a 914 ?

Michael
East coaster
It's an aftermarket console from a company called AMCO. They come up on ebay once in a while. The usually have gauges in them, I put my head unit in where the gauges usually go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.