Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there a replacement for the Fender to Cowl seals?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
Is there a replacement for the Fender to Cowl seals?

idea.gif Andy
Rusty
I ordered some from Tweeks a while back... part number 400-164.

They were like 99 cents per side.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rusty @ Dec 14 2007, 06:03 PM) *

how is the fit? are they long enough? shrinkage?
idea.gif Andy
Rusty
Not bad. I've ordered a bunch of sets over the years. The set I put into the Bumblebee haven't shrunk noticably. The set I put into the /6 does seem to have shrunk... perhaps an 8th of an inch in lenght, but the lateral fit is still snug.

Mine arrived long and required some trimming.
jd74914
I had planned on getting them from Tweeks (Mid America) as they were a little less expensive, but they have stopped selling Porsche parts so that wasn't possible.

Anyways, I got some from Nate @ 9motorsport and they fit really well. I only put them in a few weeks ago, so I can't comment on shrinkage, but they do fit very tight laterally.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yup fender to cowl 91455915510 commonly available!
736conver
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 14 2007, 08:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Rusty @ Dec 14 2007, 06:03 PM) *

how is the fit? are they long enough? shrinkage?
idea.gif Andy

Andy send me your address Ill send you out a new pair I have laying around here.

rfuerst911sc
How do you install these? Do you pre-lube them and just push them in? They are a friction fit right?
smokey
The install is easy . just clean out the slott were the new one will go . push um in . done . Hey andy . There are two replacement types . there are the real kind hard plastic and long lasting . there are aftermarket ones that are very sorf rubber and do not stay in place like the real ones . LOOK 4 the real ones . Rick aktion035.gif
smokey
soft rubber . <------ . still lerning to spell . both types need to be cut to size . the real ones are very close but hang over just a bitt , if u just put them in . Mesure twice cut one time . Yeh they will shrink a small bit . but we will have to wait 20 to 30 years to see real shrinky dinks .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.