Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GGR Ground School
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
ConeDodger
Anyone planning to do TT with the GGR this coming year?

Any chance to do a road show ground school here in Sac? I can coordinate a location... santa_smiley.gif
DanT
Rob,
you would need to contact John Seidel, he is the ground school Professor.
johnseid@astound.net

the completed schedule should be out soon. Early January at the latest.

the ground schools are usually held 2 weeks prior to the next DE/TT

remember, new rules for '08 require your DE TT car to have 3 point belts/stock seats/driver and passenger air bags or race style seat with holes for sub strap and shoulder harnesses/5 or 6 point harnesses.

Rob, I still have some motor parts laying around the back yard, I would sure like to see them gone. smile.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Dec 15 2007, 10:25 AM) *

remember, new rules for '08 require your DE TT car to have 3 point belts/stock seats/driver and passenger air bags or race style seat with holes for sub strap and shoulder harnesses/5 or 6 point harnesses.

So if I understand what you just said correctly, I need race seats with 5 or 6 point harness for DE? Obviously, I have no airbags in either of the 914's or the 911.

In particular, I want to use my silver car which now has stock seats and 5 point harness.

I would love to get down there to get those parts. Where exactly is Almaden Valley? I have to go to LA for an academic conference soon...
DanT
yes, you will need a race style seat with proper routing holes to use with 5-6 point harnesses for DE or TT. These are requirements passed down to us from National.

Almaden Valley is in south west San Jose, not too far off from 87 & 85 freeways.
ConeDodger
Time for those Sparco Evo2 Seats I guess...

My wife may want a trip to SJ in the next few days otherwise the 26th or 27th...
DanT
I'll be around on the 26-27th

EdwardBlume
Stop by Pleasanton on your way through if you've got time....
ConeDodger
I will be rolling in the 4Runner... No 914 with the whole family on board! Especially now with Nicho here. I will collect addresses soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.