Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions on flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beamer13
Ok, so I got my flares today, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the flared outer rocker panels?? I guess I could probably just fab some with steel or fibreglass, but if there were some options out there that weren't a fortune, I could possibly save my fab for the rest of the car??
Thanks in advance!!!
Ron beer.gif
Rand
Getty is one source.

IPB Image
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we are working on a cheaper alternative, molding a set from factory ones that we have. They even have the factory part number stamped into them!
We took them off the last six prepared by the factory, and they are a perfect fit. We hope to offer a perfect fit pair for 150.00
jim912928
George..metal or fiberglass?
Chuck
There is a guy out of Southern California that hand lays a few parts for 914s. He sells on ebay on a pretty regular basis. His ebay name is mattc0072. I bought my 916 rear bumper, flared rocker covers and front valance from him. Parts look really good. I can't comment on the fit as I haven't tried to put them on the car yet.

I'll be ordering my front bumper from George when the time comes.
Beamer13
Ok, so here's the deal, I had purchased some steel rocker covers that are really nice. I believe they must've been part of a set because they are actually short! I am assuming that there were parts for the ends to match them up with the flares on the fenders?? Does anyone have some really good pictures of the flared rockers that I could use for a guide to fab these??? Not that I am at the point of putting any of the body work on, but it will give me something else to do when I'm not working on the rest of the vehicle. Plus it will help me practice my fab skills. If any of you have seen my "Long road to recovery" thread, I am fabbing all of my replacement parts.
Thanks in advance for any help you all can give, and thank you all that have helped guide me thus far!!
beerchug.gif
jim912928
look at the thread currently active on this forum from iamchappy...has some good pics. I'm contemplating have some steel ones fabbed...I have an extra pair of 911 Carrera rear bumper extension ends that look like they may be able to be used to start...not sure yet but just eye-balled them up next to my set of flares
Beamer13
Cool, I'll look at that thread. I am a big fan of self fab, I do alot on my Harley and Jeep CJ7. I think it's a lost art, and I want to keep it alive:-)
jim912928
Beamer..what Harley do you ride? I currently ride a Night Rod Special (vrod)
Beamer13
A custom Job, currently, It's a 76 Shovelhead in a 93 FXST frame, stretched 5", raked, lowered. bored and stroked to 1500.

Click to view attachment
Beamer13
Good to see some more Wisconsinites posting!!! I'm actually in Milwaukee at least once a week.
jim912928
very cool bike! Here is my beast....
Beamer13
That is totally Hot!!!!!! I've never ridden a V yet
jim912928
well...when you are down here in the spring...we'll have to make arrangements!
Beamer13
Sounds cool!!
jim912928
also check out Marv's3.6six thread. He has some great pics of flaring out the valences on his flares.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.