Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: does l-jet use M.P.S.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
does L-jet (1.8) use M.P.S.? if so is this M.P.S. a different calibration OR physically a different hook-up? can they interchange? if so what needs to be altered if anything?

mike
Brando
No,
L-Jet uses an air flow sensor. It's a dull aluminum colored box attached to the air filter box.
McMark
agree.gif
Katmanken
No, Ljet uses a flap that pivots as the air rushes in with a spring to push it towards the closed position. A pot (voltage knob) hooks up to the pivot shaft of the flap and depending on the flap angle, you get a different resistance.

Way different system and output from the d-jet bellows.

Ken
jimkelly
why do you ask?

i have some parts - there are two different jet systems depending on year.

http://www.autoatlanta.com/model/914catalog/914fuel1.html

ji
orange914
QUOTE(kwales @ Dec 16 2007, 02:37 PM) *

No, Ljet uses a flap that pivots as the air rushes in with a spring to push it towards the closed position. A pot (voltage knob) hooks up to the pivot shaft of the flap and depending on the flap angle, you get a different resistance.
Ken

i thought that maybe the L-jet used M.P.S. along with the "mass air flow" but i guess if factory used both it would be a redundant function...

QUOTE(jimkelly @ Dec 16 2007, 02:45 PM) *

i'm having my mps recalibrated (1.7 to 2056) and pre-recalibration shows it to be good... but i'm looking at another (questionable) if i have to back the first up.

mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.