914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fat73
http://www.disappearing-car-door.com/

way cool

Ed aka W9R1
Beamer13
That is totally Sweet!!!!!
dflesburg
they would need to go under the floor... you would be riding high or have to be really short... LOL
tdgray
That is wicked cool.

Who is going to be the first one to try it...
biosurfer1
one of the cars in the james bond movie "Tommorow Never Dies" had something similar...always thought it would be damn cool to have that
minndodger
So which of us is going to be the first ones to see this installed on some piece of crap stromberg.gif civic or eclipse? There is a mid-eighties corolla that I see driving around here with spinners. Kind of the same idea.
Dr Evil
Freaking awesome! It looks like it would only be practical for large luxury cars and trucks as you can lift them. What do you do if your battery dies? How about if you drive into a lake? poke.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Model wearing white socks with a dark suit? That's an alarm bell right there ...........

Gonna be a PITA in the rain ....... The Cap'n
Goober
Kinda trick, but I would hate to be in a heavy rain storm and have to get in and out.
Eric_Shea
I ordered a pair for the GT clone project. wink.gif
Richard Casto
Reminds me of the BMW Z1...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_Z1
Katmanken
Cap'n

Obviously you are not up on the latest Euro fashions......

I rememember the days when all the Frenchmen wore dark suits, white socks, and hot PINK glasses flames...... Or the Euro Grannys with purple hair.... er.... I mean Aubergine....

I just couldn't compete with them.

Ken
Katmanken
As per the doors, I could just hear one of them being rubbed across a raised spot in the road as it opens......

Kinda like fingernails on a chalkboard..... Skreeeeeeeeee!!!!

And, better not load up with a lotta luggage and people without self adjusting air shocks.

Seriously, the packaging sucks. The floor has to be more than one door thickness taller so that the door fits underneath the seats.

Do it to your teener and you will need 6 inches removed from your spine
Ken
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(kwales @ Dec 17 2007, 09:38 PM) *

As per the doors, I could just hear one of them being rubbed across a raised spot in the road as it opens......

Kinda like fingernails on a chalkboard..... Skreeeeeeeeee!!!!

And, better not load up with a lotta luggage and people without self adjusting air shocks.

Seriously, the packaging sucks. The floor has to be more than one door thickness taller so that the door fits underneath the seats.

Do it to your teener and you will need 6 inches removed from your spine
Ken

Yeah, but I could do it to my Mercury Sable. What a class piece that would be! Anything would help!
Pat
Richard Casto
It sounds like they claim it doesn't reduce road clearance. So I assume they raise the interior floor to make the pocket for the door. I am 6'5". I have headroom issues as it is. They might as well as cut a hole in the roof for my head to stick out.
richardmosselman
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Dec 17 2007, 06:20 PM) *

Reminds me of the BMW Z1...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_Z1

Ran into a Z1 group trip during our trip to The Netherlands this past summer!
alpha434
Nichrome doors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.