Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This engine sucks!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
So, I am wandering around the engine compartment, and noticing that all these places where the grey tubes used to go... if you take those off, the thing sucks air!

Where do all these holes go to? Where does that air end up?

I tried plugging them with gum, sucked it down! Cork, sucked it down! I whittled little plugs from a green piece of wood, yep, sucked it down!

I tried, in succession, mud, oily rags, balloons, epoxy, and small pebbles. Sucked them all down! I even tried forcing pieces of an old interior into the holes, that works until it gets hot, and the vinyl melts... "SHOOP!"

Where is this stuff going?

My car is running really rich when it's hot now, I was thinking if I could fill the area up where all the stuff is getting sucked into, I would save a little gas money.

Seanery told me that german motors need sand, what kind of sand do you guys use?

M
redshift
I never went outside.

M
scotty
I think you're supposed to use socks... laugh.gif
soloracer
Have you tried a wad of $100 bills? If you do can you tell me how many it takes to finally plug the hole? I've gone through several stacks and it keeps wanting more.....just would like to know how much further I have to go is all. w00t.gif
redshift
Let me just say that chicken doesn't work either.

Still lookin'...

M
swood
WHOA!!! Expanding foam out of a can is the ticket man! Spray in while running. That sand stuff won't plug it up at all.

laugh.gif
tod914
Pack the holes with Hormel's potted meat. Anything that contains partially defatted beef fatty tissue and mechanically seperated chicken should work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.