Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Real" Fuchs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
TedK
Did/do aftermarket 5-lug wheels even exist? Take a look at the markings on the back side of my spare........is this the real deal? The tire is a Michelin and says made in West Germany. Some Spanish writing on the road side(I think).

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
TedK
More Pictures.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Triangle with "P" = Real
Porsche Rescue
Yes, there are aftermarket 5-lug Fuchs look-a-likes. But yours are real. Besides, the repros would never have been made in 14". You have 911 "comfort group" wheels or optional 914-6 wheels. I also think they may have been an option on '76 912E.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Dec 17 2007, 07:05 PM) *

Yes, there are aftermarket 5-lug Fuchs look-a-likes. But yours are real. Besides, the repros would never have been made in 14". You have 911 "comfort group" wheels or optional 914-6 wheels. I also think they may have been an option on '76 912E.

I had these wheels on my '70 911E Sporto, with hydro front suspension (but we won't talk about THAT fiasco). On a severely lowered 914, these wheels would work well & make it look like a Matchbox racer - IF you could find serious performance tires for them. I'm jaded, and like the wierd stuff, but I think they're cool.
Pat
Eric_Shea
agree.gif They are cool. You can find some nice tires. Jim took over mine and put some originals back on there... whip out the pics Jim.

I just got another set for my trailer. wink.gif
Porsche Rescue
Click to view attachment

Balloon tires anyone? These are 195/75x14 Michelins. Closest modern size to the OE 185x14's.
Porsche Rescue
Click to view attachment

And proof that wheel diameter isn't everything...........195/75x14 vs 195/50x15. About 3 inches difference in height!
TedK
Thanks, all. Those 195/14's do look good on the car.

Ted K
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.