Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Props to Mugs914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KELTY360
I took a couple of days to drive my '87 Westy from Seattle down to Oceanside. The bus ran great and covered almost all of California in one day on US395....beautiful drive along the Sierras. Next morning I discovered some substantial leakage from the P/S pump and near the oil filter along with an unidentified clicking sound from the left head.

I remembered that Mugs914, Mike Mulligan, had posted about opening a shop in Vista, the next town over. Found his # online, called him up and being overly cautious, had AAA hook it over to his shop. Turns out he was less than 2 miles from where I'm staying.

He put it up on his rack and carefully checked out the situation; of course, the problems wouldn't duplicate when we were looking closely so we figure it must have something to do with old gaskets, running hard all day and then cooling down overnight. Time will tell.

The best part of all this was meeting another great 914 guy. He wouldn't let me pay for any of his time and then gave me a screaming deal on an LE spoiler. We must have talked for 3 hours about all kinds of subjects from 914s, racing, island hopping and, of course, other 914 folks.

Thanks again for all your help Mike. You've got a great little shop and I'll definitely stop in again. aktion035.gif
Ferg
I like these stories beerchug.gif aktion035.gif Mugs!!

Ferg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.