Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A/C on a six?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
TedK
Did any six'es receive dealer-installed A/C systems? Never seen one, I imagine the only differences would be behind the firewall. I got some picures from a guy in Canada that added it to his, homemade bracket looked a little rough, but I guess it worked.

Ted K
southernmost914
The 2 authorized manufactures of the dealer installed A/C units, VPC and DPD never produced a kit because of demand from the sixes. All the parts were universal with the fours other than the mounting bracket. I sure it was done. Any body got one?
freezing14
AC on a six ,, mine did have one ,, the pully to drive it , the engine mount modified to clear for the belt, the bracket does look home made but was dealer installed then,, they had to cut the firewall behind the driver side to accomodate the compressor, they made a crappy fiberglass box to close it up, its all gone now but I might have picture of the hole the box and the condensor,, never got the compessor
bdstone914
http://www.autobahnparts.com/cardetails.as...&series=914

Click on the third picture in, Factory 6, Dealer air smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.