Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCCA National tour
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Joe Ricard
Definate for Dallas.
If I can find a co-driver I will go to Valdosta. (no chumps please).

driving.gif
J P Stein
I thought you wuz goin' off to be a track heero.....no time fer that low rent AX stuff....or you goin' slummin'?
Joe Ricard
AXing ain't slumming that's for damn sure.

Actually road course stuff around here is a bit low rent. I still don't know if I will run wheel to wheel anyway.
Lapping and What the ricers call Time attack.
J P Stein
Well,OK........we'll be going to the Packwood NT next season. Run in XP rather than E Mod.....a bigger class.....there be big dogs there. This winter's mods should more than make up for the 50ish lbs of ballast we needed to add.
Randal
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Dec 18 2007, 05:32 PM) *

Well,OK........we'll be going to the Packwood NT next season. Run in XP rather than E Mod.....a bigger class.....there be big dogs there. This winter's mods should more than make up for the 50ish lbs of ballast we needed to add.

Long drive, but I'm going to be running up at Packwood in "222".

Having a beer with JP and Britain is part of the deal.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Randal @ Feb 21 2008, 06:21 PM) *

I'm fer it, I'll even buy. I ain't much of a drinker but will make an exception in this case.....maybe even have 2. biggrin.gif
Randal
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Feb 21 2008, 07:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Feb 21 2008, 06:21 PM) *

I'm fer it, I'll even buy. I ain't much of a drinker but will make an exception in this case.....maybe even have 2. biggrin.gif

Can't wait.
grantsfo
I may sneak up to visit my dad in Grants Pass, Or later this year. Where is Packwood?
J P Stein
Your Pass biggrin.gif to Packwood is a fair piece of driving.
North on I-5 to exit 68 in Washington, then 63 miles East. Grant's Pass is about 290 miles from the WA border, IIRC.
grantsfo
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Feb 23 2008, 05:28 AM) *

Your Pass biggrin.gif to Packwood is a fair piece of driving.
North on I-5 to exit 68 in Washington, then 63 miles East. Grant's Pass is about 290 miles from the WA border, IIRC.

Dang thats over 800 miles one way. I probably stick to events within 400 miles.
J P Stein
Aye, matey, 800 or beter.
We're down to 2 NT events on the West Coast now that Atwater is dead with SD being the other.
It is a 2 day event, but only 6 runs against the best of the West. A lot of NorCal guys came up last year and I wouldn't be surprised to see more this year.
Joe Ricard
I still have plans to go to Dallas this year. Pretty far for me also.

Soon as I figure out what class I will be in ????

the new proposed changes are wierd.

Prepared going to be if approved like Mod class with driver. and the min weight is raised 200 pounds. Sucks for me I only go 160 with my helmet.

J P Stein
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Feb 24 2008, 04:25 AM) *

Prepared going to be if approved like Mod class with driver. and the min weight is raised 200 pounds. Sucks for me I only go 160 with my helmet.

Humm.....I almost understand what you're trying to write....being North of the Mason-Dickson line makes it hard.
J P Stein
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Feb 24 2008, 06:55 AM) *

QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Feb 24 2008, 04:25 AM) *

Humm.....I almost understand what you're trying to write....being North of the Mason-Dickson line makes it hard.

OK, so I fingered it out myself.
They want to raise the minimum weight of all Prepared classes 200 lbs but now include the driver of the car in the total. This would cause me to ballast up another 30 lbs. If this goes thru, I'll prolly pitch the ballast & go to E Mod.

I emailed the SEB with blurb against it & raised some hell on the SCCA forums...for all the good it will do.
Randal

Yup take the Colin Chapman approach. It just seems crazy to be adding weight back in.

J P Stein
QUOTE(Randal @ Feb 26 2008, 07:53 AM) *

Yup take the Colin Chapman approach. It just seems crazy to be adding weight back in.

I agree, but I'm 175ish pounds over weight for E Mod and have run out of spots to whittle on...a reassessment is in order, me thinks. Maybe an acid dip of the whole chassis....... idea.gif
Joe Ricard
Seen your Hell raising on SCCA forums and had to raise you one.

If it wasn't for the addrenaline rush of Autocross I would have hung it up long ago. But now I am just going to find a place for it and continue to be a back marker.

I know I can't compete with the top XP cars nor the top SM2 cars.

If I wanted to win I would build an A mod car and bet on the fact that I am faster than the rest of the old guys driving them.
charlesmac
Hey Joe, when's Valdosta?
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(charlesmac @ Feb 26 2008, 03:01 PM) *

Hey Joe, when's Valdosta?

Last weekend. If you hurry up and get your motor done you can still.......

OK that's just wrong.

Next NT will be Dallas. I might try to make that one.
charlesmac
Yea I think I can do that......wait, what??? dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.