Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rinky-Dink car show in Victoria BC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
richardmosselman
Finally worked out how to resize and post pics! This was a car show-fundraiser put on by the local PCA club. Well attended. First pics are of my car and the new 'Iggee' seat covers from E-Bay. R

www.iggee.com
richardmosselman
And now for the surprise! Buzzzzzzz!
richardmosselman
Now for the more pedestrian autos! Some p-car content.MmmmmmMaserati Mexico!
richardmosselman
Merc 300SL and....
richardmosselman
All-sorts.
richardmosselman
Yadda-yadda!
woobn8r
Great show!
When was that? I don't see many jackets so I assume it was not last weekend (+9 C)...

I really like that corvair convertable!!!

Cheers,

S
richardmosselman
Ditto. (Single-owner Topolino).
richardmosselman
More!
richardmosselman
Beetly-Weetlies!
richardmosselman
P-cars.
richardmosselman
B-duh, b-duh, That's all Folks!
914werke
Im curious about the plaque to the L. of the steering wheel on the bumble bee? idea.gif
richardmosselman
The show was last August...nice and warm. There were other photogenic cars, but as usual the battery ran out! The Bumble-Bee is Jeff Bowlsby's ex-car. I'm not sure/can't remember what was on the plaque? R
reverie
Buzz... Bumblebee... biggrin.gif

What a beautiful venue! Where was this?
richardmosselman
It was on the grounds of the Queen Alexandra Foundation for Children...the charity recipient of the PCA car show. R
Dr. Roger
does the bumblebee have a battery cut-out switch installed in the dash board?
jim_hoyland
Nice pics, thanks for posting. My all-time favorite car, the Mexico ! Didn't own one, but a good friend did, and what a machine for it's time. A pretty high performance GT for the '70s

IronHillRestorations
Very nice and thanks for posting! Some very nice cars for sure.

Is it just me, or does that 911 Turbo in post #9 look goofy with the "bling" wheels?
slackin' at work
what kind of car is the black crusty one in post 8??
I want it!

excellent pix. those are a nice assortment of cars.
richardmosselman
The old black crusty is a Fiat 500 'Topolino'. Italian for 'Little Mouse/Mickey Mouse'. R
richardmosselman
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 19 2007, 07:36 AM) *

Nice pics, thanks for posting. My all-time favorite car, the Mexico ! Didn't own one, but a good friend did, and what a machine for it's time. A pretty high performance GT for the '70s

The Mexico was my all-time favorite car of the show. I've always had a fondness for the early Maserati's and Lambo's...they were a kind of under-dog car companies, just like the 914! My particular favorite has always been the Lambo 350/400 GT's...the rear glass area reminds me of our Audi TT. Cheers, R.
nsr-jamie
Wow! Some awesome cars ! Thanks for posting. Man, I wish I was living back in BC. I miss it so much!!

Where did you get your seat covers? I need some real bad.

Jamie
richardmosselman
The seat covers are off of E-Bay...the company name is 'IGGEE'. I think that I found them by searching 'Porsche 914 seat covers'. Very easy to install and fit great too.
Victoria (and most of BC) really is a great place to live...I've lived/been to almost every province in Canada and wouldn't leave here. Here our weather is moderated by the Pacific so never gets too cold (or warm). It was 0 C (32 F) this AM and is now about 7. I run a landscaping company on the side and never really stop working in the winter. R

www.iggee.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.