Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Anyone else having issues?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beamer13
Is anyone else having issues with this site??? It took me over an hour to try to post one of my threads last night cuz it kept booting me out. I had to try to finish it this morning. Now it's doing the same thing??? It'll even boot me out when I try to do a PM????
Ron
type47
yes, it seems to be a little slower loading up...
Beamer13
This is killing me!!! It'll boot me when I go to add a PM or post, then when I enter the site address it comes up as cannot be found. Then I have to try a bunch of times before it'll let me in!! I've now typed the same PM 6 times and not once has it actually gotten through to the other member!!
KaptKaos
QUOTE(Beamer13 @ Dec 19 2007, 09:59 AM) *

This is killing me!!!

Andy will take care of it. Relax a bit, and he'll get it sorted out. Remember, this is a free site that is maintained by Andy and the admins. They work very hard and for free and deserve our patience. biggrin.gif
Beamer13
Understood, just wasn't sure if it was just my computer that was booting me every time I hit submit or clicked on a link within the site.

Geez!! I didn't mean to blow up :-)

That's the problem with addictions, they make a guy all crazy and stuff!!
SirAndy
i restarted the server ... that should make it better (for a while) ...

bye1.gif Andy
Beamer13
Thanks man!! You rock!!! clap56.gif aktion035.gif smiley_notworthy.gif
sww914
I had problems too, thanks for fixing it.
At trying times like these, it is important to remember that it is possible for the human physiology to exist, even thrive, without 914world.com.
Beamer13
My thoughts exactly!!! :-) I'm an addict now, I even log on with my Blackberry and PDA phones while I'm working, just so that I can keep up on things :-)
jonferns
kinda slow today...had a problem logging in a little while ago...seems fine for now smile.gif

edit: there we go again...booted me off
Beamer13
Ha:-) Welcome to my world since I got home last night from dropping my engine :-) It's getting progressively better though..
cooltimes
Me Too. Couldn't get a connection that wasn't refused so checking with virus scanner AVAST, it said I had an infection.
No idea what it was (name of infection) since AVAST works strange for me sometimes and deletes all detected even tho it says it can't scan the infected file. Once deleted I should log in fine,,,,,, BUT......After posting this, it falls back into the same rut when hitting my 914world bookmark and tells me "Document contains no data" .
After posting, the little bar at the very bottom right of the screen showing the post being posted goes blank. Hit reload and sometimes it blips but then times me out.
I can hit on any other bookmark and it works without a flaw.
No gripe here. Just explaining if that will finger the problem.

Well here goes to post.
Later

confused24.gif
Replying backwards,
Back on, this time using UNIX. Did the same dance. It is happening more to me as I log in since each time I leave a page, I gotta log back in. FYI, Just happens in 914world.
Eric_Shea
The server has been getting clogged up. Seems that "someone" has been feeding it cheese and brats! Aaahy?
scotty b
Ever since the problem a couple months back I have continued to have trouble here from time to time. Some nights all is fine some nights I REPEATEDLY get a cannot connect message.

Tonight for the first time I am getting that when I try to log on to another board I frequent. Do I have an internal issue ?? Or just happens that both boards are having issues right now. And yes it has taken me 3 tried to log on here. NO other sites tonight are an issue except here and Ol SKool Rodz confused24.gif Cable and Windows XP
Beamer13
ok, my work computer found 7 events of a virus. Some sort of hack?? give me a few and I'll get the name of it
Beamer13
Ok, it is called XML_HACK_AO it has somethin to do with Quicktime??? I guess it allows others to hack??? I don't know?? I had to log into VPN to get it zapped out, but I'm still having some issues when logging into the site??? My laptop was just completely re-imaged last week by my IT Dept. so everything got wiped out of my computer when that happened, so this is kinda new???
SirAndy
hmmm, i'll run a full virus check on the server ... idea.gif

we don;t use quicktime anywhere on the site, so i'm not sure how that could come from us, but i'll look around for XML_HACK.AO ...
type.gif Andy
SirAndy

we don;t use quicktime anywhere on the site, so i'm not sure how that could come from us, but i'll look around for XML_HACK.AO ...
type.gif Andy
Beamer13
Yeah, I don't use it either really?? I actually had to go into my C: Program files folder and search for it to even find it. IT pretty much has most things sewed up and hidden from us peeons so we don't mess stuff up :0)
Ron

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 19 2007, 07:39 PM) *

type.gif Andy

echocanyons
may be completely unrelated but I had linked this site from the club.info site since it was created, now it seems the club.info site has expired, it seemed to happen about the same time I started having issues.

cooltimes

Working super fast connect now. THANKS
Beamer13
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 19 2007, 06:14 PM) *

The server has been getting clogged up. Seems that "someone" has been feeding it cheese and brats! Aaahy?

Ha:0) And you're not even from Wisconsin der hey :-)
Beamer13
Yup, all good
Eric_Shea
And you're not even from Wisconsin der hey

LOL... Ya Hey Der, The family homesteaded around Port Washington so indirectly I am hey?

Actually, I was a FIB for 12 years and used to hit the great state often. Many a time I'd been dining with the dogs in Kenosha. wink.gif

Der's only one Brat Stop!
Beamer13
av-943.gif Too funny!! I'm actually heading down to Racine/Kenosha and the Southridge area a little later this morning. I'm down that way at least once a week!! And yes, there is only one Brat Stop :-)

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 20 2007, 03:23 AM) *

And you're not even from Wisconsin der hey

LOL... Ya Hey Der, The family homesteaded around Port Washington so indirectly I am hey?

Actually, I was a FIB for 12 years and used to hit the great state often. Many a time I'd been dining with the dogs in Kenosha. wink.gif

Der's only one Brat Stop!

KaptKaos
Get up near Presque Isle anytime? We have a place up there dontcha know.
richardmosselman
My connection is still acting up quite a bit. I have absolutely no, I repeat, no computer knowledge but it comes up in the bar: 'HTTP 500 Internal Server Error', whatever that means! Thanks for all the work put into running the site! Cheers, R
Beamer13
My brother has a place in Fence which is about 2 hours away. I also used to go up to Minocqua and Eagle River all the time I think Presque Isle is about 3 hours away. That is beautiful country up der hey :-)

QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Dec 20 2007, 10:11 AM) *

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Beamer13 @ Dec 19 2007, 12:35 PM) *

Is anyone else having issues with this site??? It took me over an hour to try to post one of my threads last night cuz it kept booting me out. I had to try to finish it this morning. Now it's doing the same thing??? It'll even boot me out when I try to do a PM????
Ron

For once I have no gripe!

Go figure!
Beamer13
Ha!! av-943.gif
It's working fine now, though... aktion035.gif

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Dec 21 2007, 06:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Beamer13 @ Dec 19 2007, 12:35 PM) *

Ron

For once I have no gripe!

Go figure!

KaptKaos
QUOTE(Beamer13 @ Dec 21 2007, 04:39 PM) *

My brother has a place in Fence which is about 2 hours away. I also used to go up to Minocqua and Eagle River all the time I think Presque Isle is about 3 hours away. That is beautiful country up der hey :-)

We get down to Minocqua every few days when we are there. It's about an hour +/- from us. Our camp is actually in da U.P., so it makes us part time yoopers.
Beamer13
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Dec 21 2007, 11:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Beamer13 @ Dec 21 2007, 04:39 PM) *

We get down to Minocqua every few days when we are there. It's about an hour +/- from us. Our camp is actually in da U.P., so it makes us part time yoopers.

Nice!! I actually built the Americinn in Minocqua as well. That was back in my manual labor for a living stage of my life biggrin.gif The place we always used to go camping was actually in Sayner; Firefly lake/ Crystal lake... In Minocqua I used to go to Stingrays and The Thirsty Whale.. beer3.gif beer.gif drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.