Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT History Channel Modern Marvels- Autobahn
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sww914
I just watched this show, very cool. Sorry, no 914 content that I noticed, but lots of cool Porsches. The cameramen went on a test drive in a new Ruf car, up to 219MPH!
Now that's what I call a test drive. Nobody ever told me what a beautiful road it is.
PeeGreen 914
Are you sure it wasn't 219KMH? Just curious.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Dec 19 2007, 10:54 PM) *

i've done 200 km/h in my little renault twingo! biggrin.gif

a RUF should be a little bit faster than that, so i'm guessing 219 mph is probably right ...
shades.gif Andy

PeeGreen 914
I know the RUF could do 220+ MPH, but if they were in Germany they generally have KPH gauges. So i was just curious.
TeenerTim
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Dec 20 2007, 01:54 AM) *

I saw the show too. It was actually 212 MPH. The speedo had a digital readout including the MPH. The driver started getting nervous and backed down at that point. That run included a reporter and a camera man in the back seat.
sww914
It may have been 212, my memory isn't what it once was, but I'm sure that it was MPH, it was a British guy's car so the speedo read in miles.
wertygrog
I had the pleasure of driving on the autobahn this summer cu, but my little Fiat Punto S rental's engine cuts out at 140kmph. sad.gif
richardmosselman
That's too funny! My cousin's Fiat Seiciento 1.3 was doing 160 KPH with 3 of us and still had to get out of everyone's way. Lots of accidents though...one held us up for 1.5 hrs after a tractor trailer jack-knifed. You should have seen/heard the Mercs/Audi's/Bimmers/Lambo's/Ferrari's flashing by on the other side of the highway...WHOOSH. R
Elliot Cannon
I got to drive the autobahn this September. Went with the Auotbahn Adventures Tour. Drove a new Carrera that was supplied by Avis. I had a 180MPH renta-car! Think interstate highway system without the expansion joints. Lots more speed limits than I thought there would be. Got up to 250 kph at one point. driving.gif Much traffic. Stuttgart to Frankfurt it was bumper to bumper. Looked like the 405 freeway in Orange County at 5:00pm. One of the best vacations ever and can't wait to go back. I got pics on the other computer that is at the moment down with a VIRUS.
Cheers, Elliot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.