Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MPS bolt down/securing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hammy
I have my MPS bolted down in the stock location with the rubber grommets. But it doesn't seem very secure.

How secured down should it be? It doesn't feel as sturdy as it should I think... Also, anyone have pics of what a stock MPS setup location looks like?

Thanks
jasons
Do you have the little bracket? There is a bracket that the MPS mounts to. Then that bracket mounts to the car. Its a little triangle shaped deal.
Chris Pincetich
I used a longer SS pan head screw with a fat washer. I could only manage to get half the hardware on there due to the tight squeeze...even with that small bracket (gotta have it!) BUT I did 10 AX races this year and it hasn't budged a bit. My battery is so secure I can shake the whole car with it, but the MPS isn't on there that tight, yet biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif
Bleyseng
The MPS is mounted using a trianglar piece with rubber isolaters. Keeps the MPS from shaking the electrical parts to death... chair.gif
Hammy
I have the little triangle piece..... I have the one bolt securing it down but it just seems like there should be more.
jasons
I think you are missing at least one bolt maybe 2? Can't remember, but I'm sure there is more than 1.
orange914
how is the RE-d-jet coming along? have you fired it up? driving.gif

mike
DanT
QUOTE(Hammy @ Dec 20 2007, 12:19 AM) *

I have my MPS bolted down in the stock location with the rubber grommets. But it doesn't seem very secure.

How secured down should it be? It doesn't feel as sturdy as it should I think... Also, anyone have pics of what a stock MPS setup location looks like?

Thanks

here you go, this is the best pic of the MPS that I have
Chris Pincetich
YUP - in Dan's pic I see the botom bracket holes...and it appears a lack of all the hardware in there as in mine.
Bleyseng
two screws are used in the bottom holes and a M6 bolt is used up top IIRC.... santa_smiley.gif
Cap'n Krusty
There are 3 bolts with washers, 3 grommets, and 3 sleeves inside the grommets. You can install 2 of the bolt/grommet assemblies (the flange of the sleeve goes toward the body) on the car, slide the bracket and sensor into them (there are 2 "U" shaped slots on one side of the bracket, and the 3rd one points in the opposite direction), and secure the 3rd bolt through the grommet which you've conveniently left in the bracket. I believe there's one 6mm machine screw and 2 sheet metal screws, all with 20-25mm flat washers. The Cap'n
Hammy
QUOTE(orange914 @ Dec 20 2007, 04:57 PM) *

how is the RE-d-jet coming along? have you fired it up? driving.gif

mike

Mike - Djet is going fine. Actually I fired it up a long time ago, I've been driving around daily now for about the past month and a half. No major problems yet, except for the issue with the engine suddenly dying on me when it gets wet in the rain. I need to troubleshoot further.

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Dec 20 2007, 05:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Hammy @ Dec 20 2007, 12:19 AM) *

Thanks

here you go, this is the best pic of the MPS that I have

Thanks for the shot. Gives me a better idea of what I should have.

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 20 2007, 05:22 PM) *

There are 3 bolts with washers, 3 grommets, and 3 sleeves inside the grommets. You can install 2 of the bolt/grommet assemblies (the flange of the sleeve goes toward the body) on the car, slide the bracket and sensor into them (there are 2 "U" shaped slots on one side of the bracket, and the 3rd one points in the opposite direction), and secure the 3rd bolt through the grommet which you've conveniently left in the bracket. I believe there's one 6mm machine screw and 2 sheet metal screws, all with 20-25mm flat washers. The Cap'n

Thanks! I figured there were more bolts... I didn't look very hard but I remember only seeing one threaded hole portion on the chassis side of things, which is why I'm confused. Maybe when I POR-15ed the compartment and I painted over the threaded holes? sad.gif
jjs3rd914
We made an extender plate with the same mounting hole locations which bolts right to the original stock mounting plate. At its stock location the MPS is tight with the fuel rail and injector hoses (at least on our car). Also we installed A/C and the lines to the compressor fit better with the MPS sitting higher.
Thanks
jjs3rd914

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.