Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Firefox 3.0 Beta 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Anyone else running the Firefox 3.0 Beta 2? I'm downloading it now and I'm excited about the memory leak fixes.
Gint
Not yet...

...gimme a minute...
tdgray
Same here... downloading... will report back
MartyYeoman
Nope. Using 2.0.0.11
I just installed it last week.
Don't tell me I'm already outdated. headbang.gif
Gint
Hmmm.... Good and bad.

My IEtabs extension isn't supported with the 3.0B2. The 914world post Edit button options "Full Edit, Quick Edit" aren't available either. On initial startup of the world site it's really slow with 3.0b2, but then the next coupla clicks are fine.

I do like the option when closing the browser to "Save and exit". I've been crashing Firefox so that when I re-open I can utilize the 'Open Previous Tabs' feature. Now I don't have to.
Gint
That's weird. I switched Display Modes back and forth between Linear + and Standard and now the edit drop down box is working again.

Edit: Never noticed the "Enable Signature" check box at the bottom of the quick reply. Gonna check it and see if it works.

'nuther edit: Hey it does work!
McMark
I haven't noticed any compatibility issues. And most sites seem to render faster. Once the data is downloaded, the whole page jumps onto the screen at once. So far so good.
Porcharu
does this version fix the bug in the new version that resets your bookmark settings to the 'top' every time you choose a new web page from your book marks. I am a bookmark whore and have over 100 914 related sites (same thing with other categories) whenever I am viewing a web page from the 'bottom' of a page of links and I switch to another page at the bottom of my links I have to scroll down. The older versions of Firefox don't do this. This is irritating enough that I want to downgrade.
Hammy
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 20 2007, 12:06 PM) *

Anyone else running the Firefox 3.0 Beta 2? I'm downloading it now and I'm excited about the memory leak fixes.

Using 2.0.0.11 currently. I'll install and try it now.... What are the memory leak fixes you're talking about?
Dr Evil
popcorn[1].gif
tdgray
Using it now... no issues..seems smooth.
markb
QUOTE(tdgray @ Dec 21 2007, 10:26 AM) *

Using it now... no issues..seems smooth.

agree.gif It does seem to load faster.
Eric_Ciampa
I think the memory usage issue refers to Firefox's habit of grabbing a whole lot of available memory (ram). I never had the issue be a problem but I guess others have. Here is a link talking about the problem (in the old 2.0 version). http://kb.mozillazine.org/Reducing_memory_usage_(Firefox)

Gint
Looks like I'm going to need this to read Craig's sig...

The standard Adobe web install no workie. I haven't spent the time yet to figure out exactly why. But this is the manual install page and the link to the "AIR" download.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/labs/air/1/devap...security_2.html
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.