Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Djet mix and match question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Hi,
I have a restored plenum, runners, rubbers, Throttle body, and air cleaner for a 2.0 liter.
I have a 1.7 liter motor.

Can I swap just those parts?

Assume I will keep the MPS, the injectors, all the sensors etc, just bolt on the new setup.

Will it fit? plenum/runners?
Will it make the car run to lean? more air flow...

BTW, she runs nice and rich now anyways.

Rich
ejm
2.0 has three studs for the intake and the 1.7 has four
type47
agree.gif if you are running rich, i'd find the reason for that and not try to band-aid by greater air flow, IMO. 1.7 intake runners are different size than the intake phlenum so you would want a set of 1.8 intake runners (4 bolts to head) to match the 2.0 intake air distributor.
r_towle
QUOTE(ejm @ Dec 20 2007, 04:03 PM) *

2.0 has three studs for the intake and the 1.7 has four

I have a drill, I figured that one out at least.
I am more interested in the swapping of the Throttle body.
Will it make the car run to lean??
r_towle
QUOTE(type47 @ Dec 20 2007, 04:48 PM) *

agree.gif if you are running rich, i'd find the reason for that and not try to band-aid by greater air flow, IMO. 1.7 intake runners are different size than the intake phlenum so you would want a set of 1.8 intake runners (4 bolts to head) to match the 2.0 intake air distributor.

I can drill the runners.
the 1.7 runs rich by design, its not by much.
Its all tuned up.

I really need a cheap paper air filter setup for a 1.7.
If not, Ihave fixed all this stuff up for a future 2.0 and its all pretty.
I figured with a few hours, I have a nice setup.

Or, I go put the old oil bath setup back on...which might happen.
She is being brought into service for the next 4 weeks due to two boys coming home and needing cars.

Rich
orange914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 20 2007, 12:39 PM) *

Hi,
I have a restored plenum, runners, rubbers, Throttle body, and air cleaner for a 2.0 liter.
I have a 1.7 liter motor.

Can I swap just those parts?

Assume I will keep the MPS, the injectors, all the sensors etc, just bolt on the new setup.

Will it fit? plenum/runners?
Will it make the car run to lean? more air flow...

BTW, she runs nice and rich now anyways.

Rich

after all that work it may not gain anything with the constipated 1.7 exhaust system. my understanding is it already dampens any air/fuel input improvements. i wonder if those conditions would cause excwssive heated engine

mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.