Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are they, and where can I find them?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beamer13
Hey all,
I need some help figuring out what these plugs are and if anyone knows where I can get the replacements??

In this picture I am referring to the square Black one connected to this sensor??? Also what is this sensor and where to find that as well??
Click to view attachment

In this picture I am referring to the melted quagmire attaching the harness to this sensor?? Also what is this sensor and where to find it???
Click to view attachment

For those of you not familiar, My vehicle is a 74 1.8L with L-Jet

Thanks in advance!!!

Ron
VaccaRabite
I recently redid the entire electrical harness in my 914. Granted, mine was a 76, and I went carbs, so not as much wire.

One thing that I realized was that a lot of the connectors I found were not stock. A lot of the wire I found was not stock. A lot of the connections that I found were just wire twisted together.

Get the full color chart off Pelican, and just spend a few nights looking at it, and referencing your harness. Only then will it start to make sence.

Zach
Beamer13
Good call Zach!! Thanks man!! I am pretty sure that all of these are stock because the new harness that I just installed had all the same connectors that the burnt up one did, with the exception of the black one which I assume goes to the battery and thus powers the FI??
I'm gonna check Pelican right now!!!
Katmanken
The gery thing with the 4 white cylinders in it is the resistor pack.

Ken
Beamer13
Awesome!!! Thanks Ken!!

QUOTE(kwales @ Dec 21 2007, 07:44 PM) *

The gery thing with the 4 white cylinders in it is the resistor pack.

Ken

Beamer13
Not having very good luck finding the resistor pack??? Is there a better technical term??
jim_hoyland
The resistor packs are still available from VW places, try Bus Boys. The dual relay connectors can be had or rewired. The relay is available too, VW aftermarket.
Beamer13
just some circled pics;

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
I can repair all those items if you want someone to do them for you...

http://members.rennlist.com/914_wiring_harnesses/

Beamer13
What would the cost be??? Unlike some of our members I don't really have an open pocket book. :-)

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 21 2007, 10:51 PM) *

I can repair all those items if you want someone to do them for you...

http://members.rennlist.com/914_wiring_harnesses/

JeffBowlsby
You would need to send the harnesses to me for a full repair quote. Email me directly through my harness website.
type47
looks like a stock L-jet harness and parts. why not look for a used system?
d914
What would the cost be??? Unlike some of our members I don't really have an open pocket book. :-)

He really said that here!!!!!!
Beamer13
QUOTE(type47 @ Dec 22 2007, 03:29 PM) *

looks like a stock L-jet harness and parts. why not look for a used system?

It is stock, and it is a harness that I bought from another member. The harness is fine, it's just those couple of connecting plugs and resistors...??
Beamer13
QUOTE(d914 @ Dec 22 2007, 03:39 PM) *

He really said that here!!!!!!

Didn't mean any offense by that, but I really don't have a ton of money, and am trying to avoid redundancy, like having things completely refurbed when they just need to have parts replaced.. Sorry if you took it the wrong way
type47
guess: a used but working harness could be had for less than $75
d914
Beamer13 it wasn't an insult, funny, most of us are csob's. It almost lure on how cheap 914 owners are. SO don't take is as a shot. It was ironic at worst!!!!!

Welcome aboard!
SGB
like Homer Simpson would say it-
"ummm, c h e a p"

yep. Thats pretty much the rule.
Beamer13
QUOTE(d914 @ Dec 22 2007, 07:03 PM) *

Beamer13 it wasn't an insult, funny, most of us are csob's. It almost lure on how cheap 914 owners are. SO don't take is as a shot. It was ironic at worst!!!!!

Welcome aboard!

Thanks!! I was a little worried. I love this board and it's members!! The harness I showed the pics of is actually the new one that I received. I just connected the bad parts to show where they belonged to make it easier for someone to tell me exactly what they were and if there were any laying on shelves somewhere?? Those are pretty much the last couple of pieces that I am in need of to finally be able to hear my baby run??!! (No I still have not been able to hear it run, since it caught fire 2 days after I paid for it :-( )
Thanks again!!
Ron
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 22 2007, 08:07 AM) *

You would need to send the harnesses to me for a full repair quote. Email me directly through my harness website.

Take him up on this, I have seen one of his harnesses before. Jeff does really great work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.