Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Colorado crew! My house, noon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gint
If you don't know where I'm at gimme a shout. 720-480-2540
TINCAN914
Why do you guys always do stuff when I can't make it??? mad.gif ooooohhh.. I get it. dry.gif
Gint
laugh.gif It was a quickie. Too cold to work outside dropping the front driveshaft on the kid's Cherokee, so it's a good day to do some welding in the garage.

Mr. Heater's on!
Sleepin
Wrong side of the Divide! headbang.gif
Gint
Muffler's out and on the bench.

Grinder and wire wheel - check

Mig welder and gas in the bottle - check

Ooh... I need a steel scab plate. I might have to walk out back into the snow.

Brant should be here in an hour or so. I had to turn the heater down to low. It was getting warm!
Gint
Scab plate ready, muffler ground clean, I'm all set. Danny's coming over too. Ferg, where are ya? Got your voice mail from yesterday.
Gint
Ferg can't make it. Brant just called; He'll be here in 30 minutes or so.
Sleepin
When you all are done, swing by my house with a /6 and put it in for me? biggrin.gif I have been sick as hell, so all my work must be done from my Lazy-Boy....

See...my wife has been trying to talk me into moving to Denver for a couple years now.......
TINCAN914
I wish I could have made it. Family out for Christmas. Next time. beerchug.gif
type47
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif laugh.gif
Gint
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Dec 22 2007, 11:42 AM) *

When you all are done, swing by my house with a /6 and put it in for me? biggrin.gif I have been sick as hell, so all my work must be done from my Lazy-Boy....

See...my wife has been trying to talk me into moving to Denver for a couple years now.......
av-943.gif Well now we know ou have a sense of humor!

I posted this on the Colorado-914 list.

Danny left about 10 minutes after Brant did. After cleaning up the garage, I went in the house, sat down and watched a little of "The Hustler" while checking email, web forums, etc... for about 45 minutes. And then I was bored. So I put the top on the 914 and went for a joyride up and around Riverdale Rd. about 3 times.

Success!

That hole in my muffler would seem to be the exhaust leak problem that was causing backfires and possibly even the steady state throttle twitch crap. I'll need more drive time even at highway speeds to know for sure if the latter has truly been resolved.

Thanks guys!

Eric_Shea
Well... they didn't burn down the house. That's a good thing. wink.gif
shelby/914
I should have stayed, Riverdale is a great run.
Sleepin
Oh yes, I have a large and twisted sense of humor.....but still only a 1.8 in my engine bay! biggrin.gif

Glad to hear it is fixed...wish I could have donned my snowshoes and made it!
Gint
QUOTE(type47 @ Dec 22 2007, 05:48 PM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif laugh.gif

I mighta known... wink.gif

Didn't get many pics. Here's one though. That black spot is where the patch was made.

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
did you put the nut on the outer/top/outside bolt? or is it just an optical dilussion?
Allan
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 22 2007, 08:47 PM) *

That black spot is where the patch was made.

Hard to tell. Seems like everything on the bottom is covered in black spots.. poke.gif
Gint
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 23 2007, 10:35 AM) *

did you put the nut on the outer/top/outside bolt? or is it just an optical dilussion?
It's on there. Crappy picture.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.