Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Any Domain Name Experts here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Phoenix-MN
I've had my Domain name registered for about 10 years or so and it is paid up till 2010. My domain is:

PhoenixHobbies.com

I have just discovered an overseas company that is using what I feel is a direct copy of my domain. They are using this with just .au tacked on the end.

Phoenixhobbies.com.au

Can they do this? mad.gif Anybody know who to contact about these kinds of disputes?
All suggestions welomed

Paul
Dr. Roger
yes.
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Dec 22 2007, 02:13 PM) *

yes.

Well, that sucks, I'll have to see If Phoenixhobbies.com.au.us is available shades.gif
Dr. Roger
it is... =)

you would get www.au.us. then put the phoenixhobbies in front of it when you designed your site.

too funny.
banger
All australian websites have .AU on the end of them. Just as the UK websites have .UK Every country has its own country code in the domain name, except the US, since it all started here. There is a possibility of www.phoenixhobbies.co.uk as well...
ppickerell
QUOTE(banger @ Dec 22 2007, 06:28 PM) *

All australian websites have .AU on the end of them. Just as the UK websites have .UK Every country has its own country code in the domain name, except the US, since it all started here. There is a possibility of www.phoenixhobbies.co.uk as well...

And you will get an email from THE internet registrar in china who will claim that Woohak Invertment Co. wants to register phoenixhobbies.cn and phoenixhobbies.hk and you get first dibs.
smontanaro
Go to www.python.org. Then, when the wife and kiddies aren't around, visit www.python.com. It does suck that they can do that, but these days, once you have a name you want, you need to carve out a larger chunk of the domain name space to keep the vermin at bay.

Skip Montanaro

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.