Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 914 1.8L Engine Number Location
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
I don't see the engine number for my 1.8 (in the rear in theory the same location as the 1.7). Where is the engine number location for a 1975 1.8. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Thanks for the help!

James
JeffBowlsby
biggrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
Well, similar but not the same. biggrin.gif
jesiv
I believe i looked there. The engine number is not present.
Cevan
Here is my '75 1.8

Click to view attachment
jesiv
Here is a picture of that area. I have checed up by the oil filter for 2.0 location. The car has l-jet which I am working on e.g. intake removed and I have every reason to believe it is a 1975 1.8L CA motor. However, Is there a any other location for the engine number?
JeffBowlsby
Looks like yu are in the right location for a 1.8
Maybe it was a replacement case?
jesiv
Replacement case -- Does that mean I can name my own engine? As it currently does not have any uniquely identifiable identification. Sounds like fun.

Seems like the only why you get one of these is to order half the case. Which implies bad things happend to the original half...?

Can anyone think of some other logical reason why no engine number is present or is in some unknown alternative location?
JeffBowlsby
You sure its not a 2.0L case?

I don't know anything about how 914 cases were available as replacements, hopefully someone with experience will chime in. I had a T3 VW at one time where I pushed a rod through the case and the whole case was replaced for something like $35. back in the late 70s. I assume that 914 cases were available like that and I doubt they had a SN, but do not know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.