Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this possible?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
keske968
Ok I know that anything is possible but this is what I am wondering. I have a 1967 911 2.0l 6 in my 914 with webbers. It is not the S model (to the best of my knowledge but i still need to examine engine numbers). Is it possible to coax 180 hp out of that engine without twin plugging? Im working on rebuilding the car and have been told that the engine is currently sitting at 140hp.

Just wondering if it can be done and if so how.
davep
It is possible since the factory got 210 HP out of a 2.0, however it would not be cheap. You would need cams, pistons, head work for starters.
Twystd1
Anything is possible.
Ya just need the right folks to line you out on what works and is a known combination of parts.

Off the top of my head. You might want to contact these fellas and see what you can learn. I know the following fellas to be very good builders and very knowledgeable. I am sure there are many more. These are just the fellas that I trust to do good work for a non stock build.

Rich Bontempi at HPH:
2431 Spring Street
Redwood City, CA 94063
Info/Tech Line: 650 364-6234

Neil Harvey in So Cal:
Performance Developments
1643 Monrovia Ave.
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
949-646-7461

Henry Schmidt:
SUPERTEC PERFORMANCE in San Diego
Ph: 760-728-3062
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.