Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 distributor in a 2.0?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
so i'm building up a d-jet 2056 from scratch, with all 2.0 d-jet components. the mps will be programed and resistor/cht switch change planned/bought. my 73 was original 1.7. i'm not pulling parts from it and it'll be set aside. however i have robbed a few items from it, one of which is the 1.7 pertronics distributor.

my question is;
are there any real issues by doing this? the only thing i can think will possibly differ is advance curve...

mike driving.gif
TravisNeff
The advance cure won't be optimal without fully matched components - that being said it will work and I have done it.
orange914
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Dec 23 2007, 07:06 PM) *

The advance cure won't be optimal without fully matched components - that being said it will work and I have done it.

how would one determine what fully matched components are? at the risk of sounding ignorant... aside from setting up a particular engine for a particular use by gearing all the build desisions toward the end result, what else could matched components mean? maybe already proven mix?

is that as clear as mud?

i think i've done this on my balanced d-jet 2056 i'm building. 9550 cam, lens 2.0 heads, 8.3:1, 2.0 f.i. components, re-programmed m.p.s., pertronics electronic w/ coil, s/s exhaust. i want decent mpg, driveability and engine life.

anyway maybe i answered my own question...

does anyone have "proven" advance curve advice or is there someone here on the world that deals with this info. or parts -weights, springs ect...-? do any type IV enthusiast even mess with timing technicals, i dont ever remember even seeing a thread related to timing issues

mike beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.