Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gasket Sealers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solex
Hi, I am working on a top end rebuild and some questions regarding sealers for gaskets in the following applications:

I was planning on using Indian Head Shellac between my cylinders and case. I have used Permatex Aviation Gasket sealer in the past but am having a difficult time finding it locally.

Also with regards to the the cork gaskets (Oil filler and Valve Covers) I have been using Permatex Ultra Copper, any recommendation here?

Paper gaskets between the oil pump and cover Indian Head??

Thanks and Happy Holidays
Dan
Root_Werks
Indian Head makes good stuff (looks like tar). But I would only use it on pieces you don't plan on taking back apart. It's a pain to clean off, but does work well. I have a little can with brush I have had for years. I use it, but very little and only when really needed. Otherwise, I never use anything at all.
Jake Raby
Indian head seals off well, but not for a very long period of time, in my experience.

My choice for cylinder sealant is Curil K2 or Dirko. Both are German made and imported in through my store because they work so damn well!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.