Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Out of hiding for today only, Merry Christmas.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
So, in case any one's noticed, I haven't been around......I needed a break from the insanity.

I've been doing other stuff and lurking a bit and participating as an admin.

An update on me....still no 914, been pouring $$$ into a true to life original 356. It's killing me to do so as I love to hotrod EVERYTHING. But when I found out that the ride had the original engine and trans, most of the parts were original, I decided to go for it. But Jeeeez, the Q Tip crowd is driving me nuts.....remind me to not do this again.....

Anyways....

Yesterday the boat trailer fractured a wheel chock and rolled over me.....

Click to view attachment

2 and a half hours in the ER, hurts like a MOFO, tetanus shot and some crappy pain killers.......knee is the size of a softball and all squishy.

So I decided to celebrate and take the "Da Project" out for it's maiden voyage....needs some sorting put but it ran under it's own power for the first time in something like 25 years.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

So Merry Christmas, be safe and stay away from rolling boat trailers.
Mr.C
Ah, that's terrible! Reminds me of the time I almost had my head run over by a truck. Glad your semi ok.
rmital
...holy crap Mike...nice job...on you leg that is.
I only spent about 2 hours in the ER today. Tore a ligament in my middle finger.

da project looks great too!
rick 918-S
You were gone? WTF.gif ...... Kidding! biggrin.gif

Nice car. I had a 58 sunroof, Should never sold that one. dry.gif

Dude that knee has got to hurt! huh.gif

Happy holidays to you and yours. bye1.gif
EdwardBlume
Good to see you Mike! Next time a trailer comes at you, get out of the way...
neo914-6
No more accidents as an excuse to "resurface"! biggrin.gif

Happy Holidaze Mike and all!

Wishing for a Happier '08 real bad... beerchug.gif
cooltimes
Merry Christmas Zman.
Looks like Zanta ClauZ drives a great looking 356 to me.
Be well.
CoolZ

PS love that ball production machine in the icon. Znagged a copy.
boxstr
Now young man don't stay out past your bedtime.....
CCL
Mike Knox
Don't know which ball machine the cool one was talking about (the Rube Goldberg or your Avatar). happy11.gif

Anyway Merry Christmas to you and that household of females you have. santa_smiley.gif

Be careful of rogue trailers!! shades.gif

Mike Knox
cooltimes
QUOTE(Mike Knox @ Dec 25 2007, 12:31 AM) *

Don't know which ball machine the cool one was talking about (the Rube Goldberg or your Avatar). happy11.gif

Anyway Merry Christmas to you and that household of females you have. santa_smiley.gif

Be careful of rogue trailers!! shades.gif

Mike Knox

Mike (hi) is right on.
Avatar of jogging boobs reminds me you never get to old to dream.
She needs a new flopper stopper {old Irishman's term for bra).
reverie
Been following things on the 356 forum. Great fun, awesome job!!

Try to rest and recuperate that knee.. no infections, sir. wink.gif
Lou W
wreath.gif Merry Christmas Mike.
markb
Hi Mikee! wreath.gif
Nice job so far on Da Project.
That knee looks like it's gonna hurt awile. Self-medication would seem to be in order. beerchug.gif
James914
Man that knee is gonna be a pain for a few weeks. Beautiful 356 , I want one some day!

Get a bottle of jack and 2 tall blondes to take your worries away!!!

Merry Christmas!
thesey914
Mike really good to read your posts again. Very nice 356.
rmital
that is a far cry from what you started with......
IPB Image
rhodyguy
silver on red, WOW!! my fav combo. some admin is screwing with your avatar, i can't see it.
Al Meredith
Nice to see you back and to see your 356 project. take care of your leg and complete the theraphy. I had a 35' sail boat mast fall on me and sheer my knee. Top leg bone next to the bottom Couple of pins and a staple in a ligiement , 8 weeks in a cast. I only went to theraphy long enough to walk. That was 33 years ago and I still can't bend my left leg. I can use a clutch but my sex life suffers ( can't kneel down and beg) ! Merry Christmas to All
davep
That is a nice A coupe. I had a bunch of 356's including 2 Conv D's. Only the C coupe ran though. Take better care of yourself. Merry Christmas to all.
jonferns
ray, whos 356 is that? and merry christmas!

-JON smile.gif
Rusty
Z,

Merry Christmas and best wishes to your family in 2008!

Hope to see you posting more in the New Year! smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Katmanken
Owwwww.....!!!!!!

Welcome back. Nice looking car. Too bad it isn't a teener, and it has the marked tendency to swap ends on the road.

One advantage with that car is the wifey will never complain about the cost for a part for a future ride..... She will know how bad it can be.

Seriously, get better, and get that car finished. And sell that boat trailer..... Once it's tasted blood, it's not safe to keep it around.........

Ken
StratPlayer
Merry Christmas to you and your family Z. Yep that sure left a mark. wreath.gif
ConeDodger
Z, I could stare at that avatar for hours.... drooley.gif
i love porsche
holy crap..that 356 looks amazing...glad to see how it turned out, it was in sorry shape
Duffster
wreath.gif Merry Christmas to you and yours, Z. the knee should buff right out...
pete-stevers
good to see you kickin around again...
now take care of that knee!
nsr-jamie
Sorry to hear about your leg, ouch that must have hurt but at least you still have two of them. You should have seen me after I got stuck in the CNC machining center when we were cleaning the vises out and some body accidentally pressed the go button with their butt. Ouch that was painful, got hurt pretty bad. Take care over there.

Thats a sweet 56!! Awesome!!
Eric_Shea
Wow... you did a great job on that car (someone stole his password and is posting!) w00t.gif Seriously, that car looks great.

As Jim said; "that left a mark" and so did you on the board. Post more often please. I speak for us all, we miss ya.

(...and when you come back, could you please clean up the mark you left?) biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Can't decide which one to drive....what a terrible day....

IPB Image
Eric_Shea
Can't decide which one to drive....what a terrible day....

Easy. The one in your avatar. wink.gif
Gint
dum...., I mean, uhm... Merry Christmas geezer.
tdgray
Noooooooo.... where's the flat black rattle can.... can't .... take... it.

Auuuuugggghhh.

Merry Christmas Mikey biggrin.gif
mack914-6
Hey Mickey-Did the same thing once. Same thing, drinking to much eggnog, friends and I had a boat lifting contest. I lost. drunk.gif

Mack santa_smiley.gif
914werke
cheers Mike beerchug.gif
r_towle
sell it.

Rich
Joe Bob
10 days later, Keflax and Darvocet are my friends....

PeeGreen 914
I'm glad I was eating when I looked at that icon8.gif Hope it heals well fast. Infections are a nasty thing and even worse near your knees. If you have a hard time getting around I am more than happy to come drive your cars biggrin.gif
jimtab
Hey, now we know where Porsche got the idea for the "Pus green" color that they used on the late cars....you know, the frog vomit color....Nice Z....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.